PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin: "There will be no wedding at this time"

test

carlo
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
From her official Facebook page:

"Regretfully, To Our Friends and Supporters:

Will and I have decided we were moving a little too fast, and there were a number of things that had not been thought through thoroughly.

There will be no wedding at this time. We will not comment on it any further because of the very personal and sensitive nature of it.

We appreciate all of the many well wishes from friends.

Aretha & Will"

RossHolloway
01-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Sounds like there is more to this story...

BobC
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Sounds to me like a pre-nup might be involved...

jobeterob
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Gosh.........more stuff. She never seems to have good things happen for long. Wonder if it's due to her personality.

Not sure a prenupt would be that important here; as I recall, if you look online, you will find articles on how many times Aretha has been sued for not paying her bills; it was a lot.

reese
01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I was surprised it even made it to the engagement stage. They have been dating on and off since the 80s. At one point, they broke up because of some "unmentionables", as Aretha put it. But they remained friends. He also accompanies her on the road as her music librarian and merchandise seller. Hopefully, all will work out for the best.

luke
01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Patti LaBelle said she was asked by her highness to sing at the wedding!!

glencro
01-23-2012, 11:33 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2012/01/aretha-franklin-calls-off-wedding-to-willie-wilkerson.html

ceasar
01-25-2012, 12:13 AM
For some reason, I really did not think it was going to happen.
Ceasar

arrr&bee
01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe the queen felt that she wasn't getting any[respect]so she decided to[think]about it some more as not to be in a[chain of fools]about this wedding thing so i guess we have to[let it be]!