PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Striped Miixes

test

tom_moulton
09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I heard the smokey stripped mixes on Itunes and they are really interesting. They are done in good taste which is so refreshing to hear.

daddyacey
09-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this Tom. I will look for these. "They are done in good taste which is so refreshing to hear." ,from you is a serious recommendation.:D

By the way ,I just ordered the Philly Groove set from Juno. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

molove
09-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Thanks Tom, I just purchased the Smokey Stripped Mixes , 10 songs $8 what a steal, they are just as you said a breath of fresh air. all the great Smokey and Smokey & Miracles songs are there WOW they sound great just like Smokey is in the room. a big thanks ..Now is this another Tom Moulton Mix ? ..there great.... this is what stripped mixes should be . Im hard core and to be honest, cringe when I hear the word remix when it come to Motown but these are classy..

thunks for the heads up do you know if you can bu buy this on CD,

MoLove

tom_moulton
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I guess I should pay more attention to what some of my friends do. John Morales did these mixes and beautifully Done.

carlo
09-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm listening to the samples on iTunes right now. They sound great. Gonna buy this one soon. Thanks Tom.

daddyacey
09-03-2010, 03:06 AM
When I saw that John Morales did the mixes ,I knew they had to be credible. I've known of John's work from waayyy back ,when N.Y. urban D.J.'s used the pause button on cassette decks and spliced up reel to reel tapes to make extended breaks and remixes , a bit raw as far as the edits,[[now that you hear them today ,but at the time they were unique) ,to copy the kind of polished remixes that say , T.M. was doing for Salsoul ,Wand and other labels. John was known for his edits and he released a lot of remix 12" "Plates" ,as we used to call them back then ,[[acetates and private pressings), know as the "Sunshine Plates".
Then came M&M and Men At Work. Along with the other "second generation mixer/producers" ,such as Jellybean Benitez ,Walter Gibbons ,Larry Levan etc.... , it was a wonderful time for R&B/ Dance music. All along John has produced excellent work , check out the NUYORICAN SOUL cd with George Benson ,Joycelyn Brown and India. He also did an excellent job on Marvin's ,"Love Man" ,sessions.

1382hitsville
09-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Ahhhh...tried to buy it but it's not for sale in the Netherlands [[yet?).....