PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight " I WHO HAVE NOTHING" The Re-Mixes

test

milven
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Has anyone seen this CD that was released last week? It has eleven versions [[remixes and dubs) of I who have nothing. It's on Dream Merchant which is Randy Jackson's label.

While Gladys can do nothing bad, I still prefer this version more than any version on the new CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14nPk8lnEwE

marv2
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Milven, I didn't know anything about it until and I thank you for the heads up. I wholly agree that Gladys Knight can do no wrong in my book. I have to check it out and definitely buy it. I am happy that Gladys, Mary, Martha and Aretha all have current releases. There is hope yet for mankind! hehehehehe!

marv2
01-18-2012, 11:38 PM
The version here is killer! Only change I would make is to have Gladys in her natural seductive timbre....

MotownSteve
01-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Something for the collector of her stuff.

milven
01-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Something for the collector of her stuff.

You are probably right. It was adventurous to listen to each version, but also tedious. Too clubby. My clubbing days are long gone and I am done with the pounding beat of club music and dubs. I'll stick to the version posted above.

I hope this is just a prelude to a full album of songs by her. And hopefully, soulful ballads.