PDA

View Full Version : Do these DRATS SONGS EXIST

test

honest man
01-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Hello folks been looking at listed unreleased songs by DRATS ,do they exist in vault or have they all been exhausted,here's a few HERE I AM ALONE IN LIFE 2 I.M LOSING YOU 3 THERES NO LOVE LEFT 4UNTIL YOU LOVE SOMEONE 5IT'S SUMMER 6 ONE WAY OUT 7MOMENT OF WEAKNESS 8 HERE ARE THE PIECES OF MY ...9SEEING IS BELIEVING 10 SON OF A PREACHER MAN.Just a few to mention has anybody heard any of these songs demo etc, still hoping for more unissued someday soon, please,thank you

RossHolloway
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
My understanding was that with the exception of some Disney tunes and live recording all tracks from the classic Supremes have been released.

bradsupremes
01-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Honest man, unfortunately none of those songs you listed ever received Supremes vocals. All of the unreleased recordings have been released with the exceptions of "Witchi-Tai-To" recorded when they were still Diana Ross & the Supremes, "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah," "Chim Chim Cher-ee," and "A Spoonful of Sugar" from the Disney sessions, and alternate versions of already known recordings.

All of the songs you listed were originally assigned to the group. It doesn't mean it got to the stage where the ladies put their vocals on it. Most were reassigned to other artists such as "There's No Love Left" was recorded by the Four Tops and the Isley Brothers. "Until You Love Someone" was recorded by the Four Tops. "One Way Out" was recorded by Martha & the Vandellas, "Seeing Is Believing" was given to the Marvelettes. "It's Summer" was recorded by Gladys Knight & the Pips and the Temptations.

"Moment of Weakness," "Here I Am Alone In Life," and "Son of A Preacher Man" are most likely instrumental tracks that never received any vocals by any Motown artist. "I'm Losing You" is not the same as the Temptations' track and from what I heard, it was a demo recorded by the Lewis Sisters.

honest man
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Really Brad,you seem certain about the unissued songs so the other unissued songs i have not listed don't exist either i thought maybe a few but there we go.The other motown songs i thought they may have recorded, so no onion song etc, i was hoping for more unissued on future expanded series,never mind,thanks for setting the record straight,may get the Disney complete project one day.cheers.

honest man
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
hello just read that BIPPITTY BOBBITTY BOO [Something like that,i know the song]was also recorded for Disney project along with CHIM CHEREE has anybody heard them do they exist, i have heard all the other songs including A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR,I wonder about the other 2 songs ,yes i know it;sa motown forum, ha cheers.