PDA

View Full Version : vintage tv music channel 1940-'89 launches uk freesat/sky 1st sept 6pm

test

tamla617
08-31-2010, 06:41 PM
1st september freesat channel vintage tv starts.music for the experienced!
dj's include tony blackburn [[should get some motown then) and paul ganbaccini.
go to vintage tv website for more details.in shrt they are in talks with the main uk channels,bbc,itv and chan 4 hoping to buy archive stuff.they,acording to what i've read,are using archive footage to create music vids for classic songs.so there you go swing thru rock and roll thru pop thru soul,thru punk thru,new wave,new romantics ,rap house etc.hope its as good as it sounds.
there is also going to be some kind of web interaction so hopefully we'll be able to to get what we want thru some kind of requests [[?) yeah i'll believe that when i see it,sounds ok so far
freesat 515 or sky 369

adrian
09-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Sounds good matey!

Vintage TV is to unveil a new website to coincide with the launch of its 24-hour digital channel, which will air on Sky and Freesat from 1 September.

The channel, aimed at the over-50s, will cover music and popular culture across five decades from the 1940s to the 1980s.

The site, vintage-tv.tv [[http://www.vintage-tv.tv/), will feature selected video content from the TV channel, as well as bespoke web content including behind-the-scenes footage of concerts.

Visitors will be able to interact with journalist and VIntage TV talkshow host Lesley-Ann Jones, via her blogs on the site.

Vintage TV founder and CEO David Pick said, “Online is critical to us and core to our strategy as it represents the convergence of all media. We want to establish an online Vintage community.”

He said the channel is developing the social elements of the site, which will include a book club, enabling users to discuss and share and recommend favourite books.

Paul Gambaccini will front a selection of the channel’s major series commissions.

The channel is in talks with the BBC, ITN and Channel 4 to buy archive and entertainment content including music documentaries and chat shows.

:)

tamla617
09-01-2010, 06:50 PM
not a bad start
had james brown on about half six singing its a mans world on stage.some led zep.earth wind and fire 1 hour of vids and live recordings thru the years.black and white archive footage of jet travel to the supremes "you cant hurry love"