PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations R&RHOF induction performance

test

luke
01-09-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbGt5L5TGdo&feature=related kind of a mess--cant hear David and where's Eddie? hmmmmm

satipe
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I do not reply as often anymore but I continually read and I felt I had to comment on this video. The Tempts are such a classy and well polished act even to this day but this video is a disgrace for such a dignified honour. Speechless....

jobeterob
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-pdJZ-GOuw&feature=related

paladin
01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I seen this video before and they certainly should have left "My Girl" alone..... group sing....no way, however I was intrigued by the guitar player who looked like Jimmy Ruffin......does anybody know who that was...just asking........

tl_harris
01-09-2012, 10:16 PM
That is indeed Jimmy Ruffin.....

paladin
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you Mr. Harris, guess These Eyes aren't crying ......appreciate your response.....

skooldem1
01-10-2012, 10:42 AM
This was not suppose to be a Temptation performance. The RRHOF always closed out the show with a jam session and that is what you see. So in my eyes there is nothing shameful about it. It is what it is.

robbert
01-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes... where's Eddie Kendricks? And Melvin, Otis, Richard...?

reese
01-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Yes... where's Eddie Kendricks? And Melvin, Otis, Richard...?

Maybe there weren't onstage for some of the finale. But Melvin, Otis, and Eddie were definitely on stage during the induction. They sang a bit of DON'T LOOK BACK. with Hall and Oates.

Richard wasn't inducted, so I don't know if he attended. Although I vaguely recall a picture of Richard, Ali-Ollie, and Ron at the gala.

candykamaine
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe there weren't onstage for some of the finale. But Melvin, Otis, and Eddie were definitely on stage during the induction. They sang a bit of DON'T LOOK BACK. with Hall and Oates.

Richard wasn't inducted, so I don't know if he attended. Although I vaguely recall a picture of Richard, Ali-Ollie, and Ron at the gala.
They did attened the gala. and yep there was a photo of them, It was from a book about the tempts.

candykamaine
01-26-2012, 06:11 AM
They did attened the gala. and yep there was a photo of them, It was from a book about the tempts.

Found a photo, I don't know if it's aginst the rules to double post. But here is the pic. :)

marv2
01-26-2012, 04:19 PM
That wasn't too bad for what it was..... a celebration. Heck, just the year before, Mary Wilson had to perform "Stop In the Name of Love" as the Supremes with Yoko Ono and Ben E. King as her back ups! LOL!!!!!