PDA

View Full Version : Diana [[1976) Special Edition - Pre-Order! [[Track Listing included)

test

RossHolloway
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
It's almost here!

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.public.product.asp?product_id=19E7789B-0297-4609-BBC1-3CD6D31E5530&cat_id=9BE6C651-2C04-4F9B-A867-99626310086F

rovereab
01-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Can't wait for this to be released in the UK and for me, one of Diana's most memorable cover pictures - stunning!

jobeterob
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM
What's in Store

Diana Ross
Diana Ross [[1976): Special Edition

Disc One
1. Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You’re Going To)
2. I Thought It Took A Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love)
3. Love Hangover
4. Kiss Me Now
5. You’re Good My Child
6. One Love In My Lifetime
7. Ain’t Nothin’ But A Maybe
8. After You
9. Smile
10. Sorry Doesn’t Always Make It Right [[Single Version)
11. Together [[Single Version)
12. I Thought It Took A Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love) [[Single Version)
13. Love Hangover [[Single Version)
14. One Love In My Lifetime [[Single Version)
15. To Love Again [[Alternate Version)
16. We’re Always Saying Goodbye [[Alternate Version)
17. This Christmas [[Alternate Version)
18. Coming Home
Disc Two
1. Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You’re Going To) [[Alternate Version #1)
2. I Thought It Took A Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love) [[Alternate Version)
3. Love Hangover [[Alternate Version)
4. Kiss Me Now [[Alternate Version)
5. You’re Good My Child [[Alternate Version)
6. One Love In My Lifetime [[Alternate Version)
7. Ain’t Nothin’ But A Maybe [[Alternate Version)
8. After You [[Alternate Version)
9. Sorry Doesn’t Always Make It Right [[Alternate Version)
10. Together [[Alternate Version)
11. Theme From Mahogany [[Alternate Version #2)
12. Harmony
13. Le Lo Li
14. Go Where Your Mind Is
15. Diana Ross Interview [[Excerpted)
Price: $29.98
Pre-Sale Item!

SITE PRE-SALE DATE: 1/6/2012

SITE SHIP DATE: 1/13/2012

LIMITED EDITION QUANTITY: 10,000 copies

Diana Ross, originally issued in 1976, was Diana Ross’s first full-length solo studio album in more than two years. It arrived on the heels of Mahogany, Diana’s record-breaking second feature film that included her No. 1 hit, “Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You’re Going To),” and surprised audiences around the world with a whole new Diana Ross. The album included familiar sounds, from “Theme From Mahogany” to the ballad “I Thought It Took A Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love),” but took an unexpected twist with Diana’s first-ever disco song, “Love Hangover,” which became another No. 1 smash, and Diana’s most-sampled song.

Diana Ross: Expanded Edition is a 2-CD set that features the newly remastered original album, single-only mixes, non-LP singles, the super-rare promotional single “Coming Home,” and new alternate mixes of nearly the entire album. There’s even more: three never-before-heard performances from the sessions – “Harmony,” a cover of the Elton John classic; and “Go Where Your Mind Is” and “Le Lo Li,” produced by Jeffrey Bowen with help Sly Stone. Rounding out the collection is an excerpt from a Diana Ross interview that hasn’t been heard in 36 years.

The gorgeous package – a digi-pak like previous Diana Ross Expanded Editions – contains a deluxe 24 page booklet with detailed song annotations and the story of the album by compilation producers Andrew Skurow and George Solomon, and features spectacular photos from the renowned cover photo shoot.

Disc 1, Tracks 1-9: Original LP
Disc 1, Tracks 15-17 and Disc 2: 1-15 previously unreleased

Price: $29.98
Pre-Sale Item!

soulstevie
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I donīt like that they use 14 new alternate mixes to fill out this release. I agree with the use of alternate versions or mixes that were done when the album was produced. But new mixes change history. The appear on one release and then on the next and at a certain time you donīt realize any more what a genuine alternate is and what is basically a remix.

Glenpwood
01-10-2012, 01:05 AM
The new alternates most likely stem from placing back in deleted material and or lyrics to these songs that were edited out before the original release if I followed correctly what Andy Skurow said on Nightflight. I cannot wait to get this in my hands this month after all. I even sprung for rush shipping. Guess I will be punch drunk with anticipation until I can have a full on Love Hangover when it arrives.....;)

jobeterob
01-10-2012, 02:29 AM
This is tremendous. A great start to the new year.

skooldem1
01-10-2012, 10:47 AM
This one is going to be good.

captainjames
01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWW
Andy, thank you once again !!!

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I immediately cancelled my amazon.com order and placed my order through hip-oselect. It's worth paying a few dollars more to get it a month earlier, especially when it comes to Diana.

redlabs
01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
just ordered mine. this was my first DR album ever. i heard Love Hangover on the radio in the summer of 76.....i remember thinking THAT VOICE! WHO IS THAT? i fell in love. it remains one of my favorite all time DR albums along w/ BABY ITS ME,THE BOSS/ DIANA/ TAKE ME HIGHER.

Sugarchilehoneybaby
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Hear, hear! This is in my Top 5 as well, along with diana, Touch Me In The Morning, Take Me Higher, and Baby It's Me - which hopefully is up next for expanded treatment! ;)

franjoy56
01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
any thoughts on when Baby its me will see the light of day

Glenpwood
01-11-2012, 12:11 AM
The Ross expanded series tends to average between a year to two years max. The sales of the prior release probably help to gauge the demand. Since theres only Baby, Ross 78, and The Boss left to get expanded treatment [[im leaving out Lady Sings The Blues because the dialogue snippets are the problem weve been told with us ever getting that. I bet they will be spaced out closer to the two year mark average. We tend to get The Supremes expanded sets alternating in there to tide us over so one way or another we get a steady diet of Ross product....

Glenpwood
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Update from Hip-O

Dear Hip O Select Customer:

We apologize for the inconvenience but due to a manufacturing delay, Diana Ross [[1976): Special Edition will not be shipping until the week of February 7 [[http://soulfuldetroit.com/x-apple-data-detectors://0) at the earliest. You’ll still be one of the first to receive the album and we thank you for visiting Hip-O-Select.com [[http://Hip-O-Select.com/)!
Sincerely,
Online Customer Support

skooldem1
01-13-2012, 01:22 AM
I wonder if the powers that be, are organizing things around her Grammy mention/appearance?

redlabs
01-13-2012, 09:58 AM
another delay isnt this always the case now? i almost expected it.

marybrewster
01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Can anyone explain why "Mahogany" was included on this release? I know it was her biggest hit at the time, but wasn't it also on the "Mahogany" soundtrack?

reese
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Can anyone explain why "Mahogany" was included on this release? I know it was her biggest hit at the time, but wasn't it also on the "Mahogany" soundtrack?

More than likely it was also included on DIANA ROSS because it was a big hit at the time, the movie was doing well, and it could be an incentive for more fans to buy the album. I remember seeing the album for the first time, and thinking it was titled THEME FROM MAHOGANY, because she had already had an album titled DIANA ROSS.

Some people might not have bought the MAHOGANY soundtrack album because it was mostly instrumentals. My cousin bought it for me for Xmas that year, and I remember being really disappointed that Diana only sang one song on it.

randy_russi
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
On the Last Time I Saw him lp there is a song called No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever and it sounds exactly like
I Thought It Took A Little Time, which was issued as a single from this lp.
Anyone else? It seems it's the choruses of the songs that are similar.

Sugarchilehoneybaby
01-14-2012, 12:20 AM
The Ross expanded series tends to average between a year to two years max. The sales of the prior release probably help to gauge the demand. Since theres only Baby, Ross 78, and The Boss left to get expanded treatment [[im leaving out Lady Sings The Blues because the dialogue snippets are the problem weve been told with us ever getting that. I bet they will be spaced out closer to the two year mark average. We tend to get The Supremes expanded sets alternating in there to tide us over so one way or another we get a steady diet of Ross product....

Actually, there's a lot more than that left to get expanded, and I wouldn't count 'The Boss', since Andy Skurow has stated that there are no unreleased tracks from those sessions. Alternate mixes, sure, but we've already gotten most of those. What I would like but don't know if it's possible, is to have a 2-disc 'Boss' with the second disc containing a good stereo mix of the HBO concert [[Standing Room Only.)

But I also want expanded treatment for 'Live At Caesar's Palace' and 'Diana!', as there are lots of songs recorded for those that were edited out. Much of 'Diana!' was recorded in the studio anyway, with the audience overdubbed.

J. Randy says there is a superior remix of LACP in the vaults, and the songs left made enough for a double LP. I'm especially interested in this LP to get deluxe treatment as one of those shelved songs included "Happy", which I have always been longing to hear Diana sing. :)

Sugarchilehoneybaby
01-14-2012, 12:24 AM
On the Last Time I Saw him lp there is a song called No One's Gonna Be A Fool Forever and it sounds exactly like
I Thought It Took A Little Time, which was issued as a single from this lp.
Anyone else? It seems it's the choruses of the songs that are similar.

The melody line on the verses from "Cryin' My Heart Out For You" is nearly identical to "You're Still My Man" [[on whitney houston's 2nd album but written in '82). And there are strong melodic similarities between 'You Are The Love Of My Life' by Roberta Flack and George Benson with "[[Now We're) Starting Over Again", recorded by Dionne Warwick in '81 [[originally intended for Diana for 'To Love Again' LP) and Natalie Cole in '89.