PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross - 'Baby I love your way'

test

lakedistrictlad1
01-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Can anyone shed light on when this was recorded? I used to think it was from the 'To the baby' sessions in '72 - but it didn't turn up on the 'Touch me in the morning' expanded edition. And it isn't on the upcoming 'Diana Ross' [['76) either. How has this escaped the expanded edition series so far? It sounds like an early 70's recording. Thanks for any help.

Hotspurman
01-03-2012, 07:30 AM
As Peter Frampton didn't release the original until 1975, it would have been after that! As Diana's version was produced by Richard Perry, it is likely to have been around 1977, but all I can find regarding release is 1983 on the Anthology.

Glenpwood
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
J. Randy Taraborellli lists it as an outtake from Baby It's Me along with Brass Band and Country John. When I make I-Pod playlists for this LP I usually stick it in between Confide In Me and The Same Love That Made Me Laugh.

redlabs
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Babay It's Me

lakedistrictlad1
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have said it was as late as '77 as her voice sounds so young. But it makes sense. Will look forward to seeing it turn up on 'Baby Its me' expanded!

Sugarchilehoneybaby
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm going to wager an educated guess that the version of BILYW that appeared on the 1983 Anthology was remixed from the original.

Here's hoping that the expanded Baby It's Me will be with us in another year!

Constantin
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
A second album produced by Richard Perry was intended for 1978 and "Baby I love your way" is one of the few songs actually recorded. Many instrumental tracks were recorded [[no Ross vocals) and ended on Syreeta 1980 album.

I never understood why "Ross", the 1978 album, wasn't 100% new material. With all the tracks that have surfaced later*[[beginning with "For Once In My Life" and ending with all the songs included on "diana" expanded and "To love again" expanded),*Motown could have released a strong album, or even a double one, that would have been a strong competitor for the double albums Casablanca was releasing at the time for Donna Summer.

I never understood either why they were so many versions of "Lovin', livin' and givin'", not an unforgettable song in my opinion.

Who was in charge then? It seems that the direction was kind of erratic here.