PDA

View Full Version : Worst Diana Ross Song

test

johnbell
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
As I post in the Work That Body thread, mine is Fool For Your Love, from Silk Electric album...what is yours?

mowest
12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Maybe not her worst from a technical point of view, but my least favorite is "Touch Me In The Morning." Much too maudlin for my taste.

soulster
12-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Why are we always talkin' about Diana Ross on this forum? Anyway, my opinion of some of the worst DR songs?

I Am Me
Turn Me Over
Girls
Fool For Your Love
...the almost entire "Touch Me In The Morning" album except for the title track

carlo
12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Endless Love
You're Gonna Love It
Keep It Right There
Shockwaves
Shine

redlabs
12-29-2011, 10:01 PM
the entire LAST TIME I SAW HIM album. th eout takes were better than what was released.imo.

smark21
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Turn Me Over is brilliant!

My worst would include Cross My Heart, Work That Body, and that Doobie Doobie Doobie Do song.

REDHOT
12-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Last Time I Saw Him,Girls,Fool For Your Love,i really like Cross My Heart,Smark21.[[smile)
Please stay positive

soulster
12-30-2011, 12:32 AM
"Last Time I Saw Him" is one of the more brilliant songs she ever did. Funny Too!

Sugarchilehoneybaby
12-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Are we talking least favorite singles or just album tracks?

If we're talking worst single choices, I would nominate:
Sleepin' [[I actually love the song, but bad single!)
What You Gave Me
Telephone
....and the #1 worst DR single ever goes to:

Eaten Alive

As far as album tracks I just don't like at all, there aren't many. But, the following I skip over:

Still In Love [[Silk Electric) - weak ballad and not needed - In Your Arms and Love Lies were much, much better

Nobody Makes Me Crazy Like You Do [[Swept Away)

We Are The Children of the World [[Swept Away)

You [[LTISH)

Take The Bitter With The Sweet [[Workin' Overtime)

You're Gonna Love It - LP version [[Force)

Back To The Future [[Forever Diana)

kenneth
12-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Okay, where's Jimi LaLumia's pick? I know he has to have an opinion on this.

Mine would be "Muscles." Camp at its worst.

jobeterob
12-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I always skip Cross My Heart.

luke
12-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Muscles, Do you Know where bla bla bla, Touch Me in the

smark21
12-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Are we talking least favorite singles or just album tracks?

If we're talking worst single choices, I would nominate:
Sleepin' [[I actually love the song, but bad single!)
What You Gave Me
Telephone
....and the #1 worst DR single ever goes to:

Eaten Alive

As far as album tracks I just don't like at all, there aren't many. But, the following I skip over:

Still In Love [[Silk Electric) - weak ballad and not needed - In Your Arms and Love Lies were much, much better

Nobody Makes Me Crazy Like You Do [[Swept Away)

We Are The Children of the World [[Swept Away)

You [[LTISH)

Take The Bitter With The Sweet [[Workin' Overtime)

You're Gonna Love It - LP version [[Force)

Back To The Future [[Forever Diana)

I forgot about We ARe The Children of the World. Ick. I'll take back Cross My Heart and substitute WATCOTW in its place.

smark21
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Okay, where's Jimi LaLumia's pick? I know he has to have an opinion on this.

Mine would be "Muscles." Camp at its worst.

After I saw Nick Strange's over the top camp performance of "Muscles" at the Losers Lounge tribute to the songs of Diana Ross and The Supremes, I've come to appreciate that song.

carlo
12-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I also forgot to add "We Are the Children of the World", "Nobody Makes Me Crazy" and "This Magic Moment". Here I was saying I liked all of her songs, but I guess I was wrong, lol...

rovereab
12-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Old Funky Rolls is right at the bottom of the pile for me.

jobeterob
12-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Old Funky Rolls is in the top third of my list for sure. But many of the songs mentioned often here are the ones I don't care for either. Except I know Cross My Heart makes a lot of favorite lists, not sure why.

carlo
12-30-2011, 05:15 PM
I love "Cross My Heart"! :)

Sugarchilehoneybaby
12-30-2011, 11:31 PM
I love "Cross My Heart"! :)

Me too!

And actually, there's nothing I would have changed about the RHRNB album, except to add ALL the oldies she sung in the special. I'm hoping that one day, "Sweet Soul Music", "Tweedlee Dee", "Baby You've Got What It Takes", will be released from the vaults. And if a vocal exists for "Cool Jerk", I'll take that one too!

Constantin
01-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Me too!

And actually, there's nothing I would have changed about the RHRNB album, except to add ALL the oldies she sung in the special. I'm hoping that one day, "Sweet Soul Music", "Tweedlee Dee", "Baby You've Got What It Takes", will be released from the vaults. And if a vocal exists for "Cool Jerk", I'll take that one too!

I love that album, one of her best, especially "There Goes my Baby" and "Summertime".
Anyone knows the reason why Luther Vandross produced only one song? Apparently he was keen to produce an entire lp. Why Ross didn't allow him?

tamlaboy
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I think "This thing called love" from the "I love you" CD is so bad.....:cool: