PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross 2010 Tour...should I go?

test

stevie
08-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Just looking for a little advice from those of you who have seen Diana in concert...especially recently. I'm thinking of going to the Albany show but it's a long drive for me. I'm a big Supremes fan but not a big Diana Ross solo-career fan. I'm wondering how much Supremes material she does [[since this tour is billed as the Greatest Hits) and how does it sound with the production quality that's available today? How has her voice held up? Does her personality come through during the show...do you feel like you know her a little better afterward? Is her show worth the long ride?

daviddh
08-29-2010, 10:14 PM
great tour!!!! she did COME SEE ABOUT ME, HURRY LOVE ,STOP,KEEP ME HANGIN ON,REFLECTIONS ,LOVE CHILD. loved it,glad i went

Livingallalone
08-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Diana Was Supreme in all the shows I attended.

Bill

marybrewster
08-30-2010, 10:51 AM
I've not been able to catch Diana on this tour, but for all of the reviews I've read, it seems as though this is her best tour in years. In fact, I don't know that I've read one negative review!

Oh how I'd love Miss Diana to come this way.

My advice? Go and have a supreme time!

captainjames
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
All I will add is that if you can get the opportunity to see this lady in concert again especially now........................GO !!!!!

jobeterob
08-30-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm going to Calgary next Saturday; and I'm close to there right now hiking in the bush.

Big ads in the Calgary papers for Diana next Saturday.

topdiva1
09-01-2010, 05:46 PM
GO! GO! GO! Do not miss this chance to see The Diva of them all - it will enhance your entire outlook on The Supremes. Diana Ross is a performer al should see LIVE at least once!!!!

jobeterob
09-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Calgary..........I considered this quite a strange booking; it was at a coliseum that seated around 4000 people after you took away the back area for the stage. And Calgary is Stampede Town, Oil Town, not MOTOWN.

And she packed that place. There were some seats way at the back but this was pretty much sold out.

We got full versions of Reflections, Where Did Our Love Go, You Can't Hurry Love, Baby Love, Love Child, Fine and Mellow, Don't Explain, Stop in the Name of Love, Ease on Down the Road, Touch Me, and a full I Love You.

She was in good voice and said we were making her work hard for an old person.

The concert made me realize why artists have to do the hits; the huge responses were to Baby Love, Stop in the Name of Love, Mtn., and Mahogany. I still can't believe the response to Baby Love but she did a very good version of it. I just find it hard to respond to what I now consider a teeny bopper song. But the version still buys those "ooh, ooh, baby love's".

To top it all off, we saw her run into the limo at the end - a huge white stretch limo.

Everyone should go.

nomis
09-12-2010, 02:51 AM
go- she aint gonna be forever you know...

jobeterob
09-12-2010, 12:13 PM
That's for sure; I can't see even these smaller tours she is doing continuing beyond about 3 more years. I'm still amazed at the numbers she was able to pull in for a City like Calgary.

jonc
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM
How was her entrance jobeterob and did she include her Michael Jackson tribute at the end?

topdiva1
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Diana Ross is a true living Diva, the first and last of her kind - her appeal, legend, rumor, and sheer grandness, mixed with the history of her music - will most likely ALWAYS SELL OUT her tours. She is The Lion In Winter. Do not miss her concerts. Her entrance is unchanged!!!

jobeterob
09-13-2010, 10:48 PM
The entrance was I'm Coming Out from the back, as usual.

There was no Michael Jackson Tribute, which in Calgary, probably was the right choice.

All songs were full length, or longer!

It went something like:

I'm Coming Out
Reflections
My World is Empty Without You
Where Did Our Love Go
Baby Love
Stop in the name of Love
You Can't Hurry Love
Love Child
Fine and Mellow
Don't Explain
Ease on Down the Road
It's Hard For Me To Say
More Today Than Yesterday
The Look of Love
The Boss
Upside Down
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
It's My House
Love Hangover
Touch Me in the Morning
Take Me Higher
Do You Know Where You're Going To
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
I Will Survive
Full length I Love You, dueting with Fred White, Lisa and Valerie [[all together)
Reprise of I Will Survive

It lasted about 1 hour 40 minutes.

Other than the finale of Mahogany, Mountain and Survive, the most wildly received songs were Baby Love, Stop, and Why do Fools Fall in Love.

If I could resize a picture or two, I'd send it; still working on that.

nomis
09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
A comprehensive set list..almost something for everyone- Go the Boss!

jobeterob
09-14-2010, 12:35 AM
Diana & Fred Duetting on I Love You