PDA

View Full Version : "Tear of the Year" by Jackie Wilson

test

motony
12-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm not home to check any of my Jackie Wilson cds but does anyone know about this track as far as what year it was done, writers & producer[[Carl Davis?)who the background singers are ect. I just heard this in my car on Sat radio Soul Town and thought it sure had a "Can I Get A Witness" feel to it.

robb_k
12-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Carl Davis had nothing to do with "Tear of The Year". That was recorded in New York in 1961, during Wilson's "schmalzy, pop period) with Dick Jacobs and his poppish orchestra handling the arrangements. The song was written by Gary Geld and Pete Udell [[Tin Pan Alley-type pop writers). The background singers would have been a new york group [[or chorus).

motony
12-27-2011, 04:04 PM
thanks Robb, maybe Soul Town put the wrong title across the screen as this had a Can I Get A Witness style to it & the backgrounds sounded like a male soul group.The title never was part of the lyrics.

motony
01-05-2012, 09:44 AM
twice on Soul Town on Satellite radio I have heard this song by Jackie Wilson that I don't have on my Jackie Wilson 26 song Brunswick hits CD and Soul Town indentifies the song as "Tear of The Year" which is a schmaltzy slow song. This is a fast pace song with male backgrounds and has a similar style & beat as Marvin Gayes Can I Get A Witness. Its drivin me crazy I can't beleive they have mis-indetified the song.

texassoul
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Shazam it when you next hear it if you have a phone with this app.