PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Dec 27, 9P-12M ET: The Universal/Motown 2011 Year-In-Review!!!

test

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 12:49 PM

Howdy Folks and a BIG FAT Happy New Year! In planning tonight's show, it occured to me that during the year 2011, Universal, Motown and Hip-o [[read: Harry Weinger, Andy Skurow, George Solomon and Kevin Reeves...not to mention so many others) have given us wonderful gifts of music that we will be listening to for a long time to come. So I thought I'd introduce an annual end of the year show that allows me to go back to the UME releases of the past year and spotlight some of the gems that lie within. So, join me tonight for a special spotlight on the Universal, Hip-O and Motown releases for 2011....tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)
Thanks!
John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypribdKsAo

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Great video/ad John. Looking forward to tonight's show, my friend. See you then.:cool:

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Well, thank YOU, my friend! And I am looking forward to your being there...er...here...uh....YOU know!

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
John,

What a perfect way to close out 2011! Looking forward to a night celebrating the fabulous releases Harry and Andy and everyone else working at Universal/Hipo gave us. Any year that brings us a Marvelettes Box, The Supremes Final Sessions and an Ultra Deluxe Whats Going On cant be considered a disapointment! Fingers and toes crossed you might Bend A Little and play that fabulous extended mix or I Can Never Recover from the Final Sessions which were worth the cost of that box set alone.

Lets hope 2012 brings the final Complete Motown Singles boxes, another Supremes studio album deluxe edition, and the complete Brenda Holloway recordings set with the unissued tracks!

See you at nine!
Glen

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
John,

What a perfect way to close out 2011! Looking forward to a night celebrating the fabulous releases Harry and Andy and everyone else working at Universal/Hipo gave us. Any year that brings us a Marvelettes Box, The Supremes Final Sessions and an Ultra Deluxe Whats Going On cant be considered a disapointment! Fingers and toes crossed you might Bend A Little and play that fabulous extended mix or I Can Never Recover from the Final Sessions which were worth the cost of that box set alone.

Lets hope 2012 brings the final Complete Motown Singles boxes, another Supremes studio album deluxe edition, and the complete Brenda Holloway recordings set with the unissued tracks!

See you at nine!
Glen

Hey there, Glen! Yes...it HAS been a great year for Motown...and us. Now...I wouldn't hold your breathe for another
Brenda compendium...although I, too, would love a more complete collection. But it's only been 6 years since her 2 cd Anthology from the UK...wait a minute! SIX YEARS?!? You're RIGHT, Glen....time for ANOTHER!!!!!

Glad you'll be with us, GlenP!

JimBagley
12-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Have a great show, John. I'll be listening.

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Have a great show, John. I'll be listening.

...in the studio......
Hey, Jim! Happy NY 2 U 2!

lovechild
12-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Happy New Year Johnny! Looking forward to the last show of the year...:)

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Happy New Year Johnny! Looking forward to the last show of the year...:)

Toneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Happy NY BABEEEEEEEEE!

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 10:20 PM
We need an 18:00 version of this version of NBH! It's the best thing to come out of the vaults since "All I Do" by Tammi Terrell! Thanks John.:cool:

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
We need an 18:00 version of this version of NBH! It's the best thing to come out of the vaults since "All I Do" by Tammi Terrell! Thanks John.:cool:

EIGHTEEN MINUTES?!? ARE YOU NUTS?!? OF COURSE!!! [[not 19?)

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes Sophisticated! We need an Aquairus Farewell length remix. Heck, I could even take Diana calling out for Tina Turner over it!

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Yes Sophisticated! We need an Aquairus Farewell length remix. Heck, I could even take Diana calling out for Tina Turner over it!

Glen...that's GREAT...and "Aquarius Farewell" length!!! A new euphemism!!!!

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes Sophisticated! We need an Aquairus Farewell length remix.

I was thinking more along the lines of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida! LOL! In-A-Gadda-Da-Heartaches! LOL!:)

lovechild
12-27-2011, 10:36 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida! LOL! In-A-Gadda-Da-Heartaches! LOL!:)

..or an extended remix version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Heartaches..

JimBagley
12-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Or Cherry Vanilla's You Keep Me Hangin' On

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 10:45 PM

Well...I could put together Glen's, Joe's and Tony's versions...which I think might fill a whole cd....then we'll be sooooo satisfied........

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 10:47 PM

. . .Almighty Presents In-A-Gadda-Da-Heartaches: Nothing But Remixes. . .

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 10:48 PM
. . .almighty presents in-a-gadda-da-heartaches: Nothing but remixes. . .

very gooooood!!!!

lovechild
12-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Well...I could put together Glen's, Joe's and Tony's versions...which I think might fill a whole cd....then we'll be sooooo satisfied........

yes and then on the 2nd cd you can do the In-A-Gada-Da-HunterGetsCaptured extended remix LOL

MotownLover
12-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey MJ - Don't fear, Howard's here :-)

Looking forward to tonight's show [[as usual).

Happy upcoming New Year!

Howard in Long Beach, CA

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 10:52 PM
yes and then on the 2nd cd you can do the in-a-gada-da-huntergetscaptured extended remix lol

lol!!!!!:)

midnight johnny
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey MJ - Don't fear, Howard's here :-)

Looking forward to tonight's show [[as usual).

Happy upcoming New Year!

Howard in Long Beach, CA

WELCOME Howard!!! Happy New Year!!!

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
How many reissues of Baby Love do I gotta buy in 2012 to get the In A Gada Da Heartaches Get Captured by The Almighty Extended Prowl Aquarius Farewell Remix? ;)

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 10:59 PM
How many reissues of Baby Love do I gotta buy in 2012 to get the In A Gada Da Heartaches Get Captured by The Almighty Extended Prowl Aquarius Farewell Remix? ;)

lol!!! Good one!!:D

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Might have to check out the Puppini Sisters album. Enjoyed their feature on the Michael Buble Christmas album and TV Specials.

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Andy! Happy Holidays and upcoming New Year! Please come back and visit us for Diana Ross 1976 Deluxe

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Diana Ross 1976 Deluxe Edition soon in 2012! Fantastic!!! Glad to know that track list is accurate. Thank you Andy [[and all) for all your efforts and for stopping by tonight.:cool:

lovechild
12-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow what an Awesome surprise to have Andy on tonight! Happy New Year!

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 11:26 PM
No Michael's on Warner Brothers Reprise

JimBagley
12-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I think Paul McCartny died in the mid-60s. He blew his mind out in a car. He hadn't noticed that the lights had changed.

sophisticated_soul
12-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks again, Andy! Always fascinating.:cool:

Glenpwood
12-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Always love Andys visits because we get the perfect mix of information and entertainment. It's killing me now that we got teased with even more discoveries were made on Diana that have to wait for "the next one...."

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Ahh the sensational Susaye Greene. I hope everyone checked out the performance from YouTube she posted for Christmas on the board.

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Interesting but I gotta say I prefer All This Love when it's less "horny":D

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Interesting but I gotta say I prefer All This Love when it's less "horny":D

Naughty, ain'tcha?

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Naughty, ain'tcha?

That's actually pretty restrained for me, but I am trying to make my Maxine Powell Charm School lessons pay off hehe

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 12:40 AM
that's actually pretty restrained for me, but i am trying to make my maxine powell charm school lessons pay off hehe

heee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Like the legend of who sang the background vocals on Stop In The Name Of Love? It's Growing.....

JimBagley
12-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks for a great show, John. Have a great New Year's everybody.

Jim

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks for a great show, John. Have a great New Year's everybody.

Jim

Thanks, Jim...and have a wonderful New year....

sophisticated_soul
12-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Have a great New Year's everybody. Jim

Same to you Jim.:)

lovechild
12-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Thank you for a wonderful show tonight JP and for the nice Andy-suprise... Here's to a very safe and Happy New Years all :)

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 12:51 AM
ANd..Joseph and Tony and Glen and Howard....HAPPPPPPYYYY NEWWWW YEARRR!!!!
And thanks for the party!!!!!

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Lady GaGa? Well at least it wasn't that rubbish song that was a gift to her fans who's title I'll modify ala Cee Lo Green "Stuck On Forgetting You"

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 12:54 AM
John, always a fantastic way to spend a Tuesday. Hopefully we planted a seed with Andy to get some unreleased Brenda Holloway soon! See you next year!

Motown Andy
12-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks Johnny! I had a great time. Thanks for closing with the new mix of Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good. It makes me happy. I was thinking about you me and Susaye on the air this summer. I will cherish that night forever! Thank you again. Happy New Year everyone!

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 12:58 AM
John, always a fantastic way to spend a Tuesday. Hopefully we planted a seed with Andy to get some unreleased Brenda Holloway soon! See you next year!

Glen....I think you're right....." A Cellarful of BRENDA"....yummmmmmmmmm!
And THANKS...have a Happy......

sophisticated_soul
12-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Thank you John for another wonderful year of fabulous NightFlight shows. Thank you Jim and Tony for being such regulars at our own version of the Tuesday Night Music Club. And thank you everybody who participates, regular and irregular.:) Here's to more fabulous releases from Hip-O in 2012. Especially Diana Ross 1976! Soon!
Happiest of New Year's everyone!:cool:

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks Johnny! I had a great time. Thanks for closing with the new mix of Love I Never Knew You Could Feel So Good. It makes me happy. I was thinking about you me and Susaye on the air this summer. I will cherish that night forever! Thank you again. Happy New Year everyone!

Andy....the perfect pleasure of your company was all mine! [[*smile) And I still have to get that show to you....maybe I'll be able to hand it to you!
Thanks, Andy ...for everything! Happy New Year!

midnight johnny
12-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Thank you John for another wonderful year of fabulous NightFlight shows. Thank you Jim and Tony for being such regulars at our own version of the Tuesday Night Music Club. And thank you everybody who participates, regular and irregular.:) Here's to more fabulous releases from Hip-O in 2012. Especially Diana Ross 1976! Soon!
Happiest of New Year's everyone!:cool:

Joseph....thank YOU for your support and anchoring! Happy New Year My friend!

Motown Andy
12-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Cellarful of Brenda - let's make it happen!
And John, please hand that CD to me in person. It's time you paid us a visit in NYC.
Also, can we make your show every night of the week?

Glenpwood
12-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Thanks again Andy for dropping in. We appreciate all the stress you endure to satisfy us rabid Supremes / Diana Ross fans. Now I'm off to bed and resisting the temptation to pull a Susaye and get under the covers with my still sealed mint copy of Diana Ross 1976 LP with buzz sticker on it with the flashlight and hug it and rub it dreaming of when I can get the deluxe edition in my hands! Lol