PDA

View Full Version : Mono album and mono single mix question

test

rovereab
12-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Are all mono album songs which also appeared as mono singles the same mixes/takes?

Thanks.

kenneth
12-26-2011, 11:07 AM
As a recent failed politician might say, "Nein...Nein...Nein."

I don't know lots of examples but the recent one which we've discussed is "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game." On the Mono LP it had the extra second verse in the lyric and the hurry-up fade at the end. The single skipped the second verse and had the long held chord at the end with no fade.

reese
12-26-2011, 12:10 PM
As a recent failed politician might say, "Nein...Nein...Nein."

I don't know lots of examples but the recent one which we've discussed is "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game." On the Mono LP it had the extra second verse in the lyric and the hurry-up fade at the end. The single skipped the second verse and had the long held chord at the end with no fade.

Actually, on the mono lp, THE HUNTER GETS CAPTURED BY THE GAME is the full version, containing the extra verse as well as the no fade ending.

kenneth
12-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Actually, on the mono lp, THE HUNTER GETS CAPTURED BY THE GAME is the full version, containing the extra verse as well as the no fade ending.

I forgot that. I wonder why the recent "Forever More" has the hurry-up fade then.

reese
12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I forgot that. I wonder why the recent "Forever More" has the hurry-up fade then.

Disc 3 contains the mono mix of the full version of the song, including the no fade ending.

kenneth
12-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Disc 3 contains the mono mix of the full version of the song, including the no fade ending.

We might be calling the same thing differently. That's the one I call the "hurry up" fade. It does have the ending as on the single but it's rushed in a way...hard to explain. Anyway, it's minutiae considering how great the set is, but I did like the original ending on the single. I have the old 2-fer of the "Pink album" and "Sophisticated Soul." I imagine it's the same on that one though it's been a long time since I've played it.

BayouMotownMan
12-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Marvelettes Gonna Hold On Long As I Can and Martha's Honey Love are two I can think of where the mono single is different that the mono album