jobeterob
12-20-2011, 02:12 AM
http://www.divadevotee.com/2011/12/diana-ross-vocal-range-profile.html

Monday, 19 December 2011Diana Ross Vocal Range /Profile:

Diana Ross

Vocal Type: Light lyric soprano
Vocal Range: 3 Octaves C3-C#6
Whistle Register:No
Vocal Pluses: Smoky lower range, which is dark and heavy. Her midrange is lighter, softer and has a warm timbre that carries through the to the top of the range. There is an intrinsic sweetness and youthfulness to the voice that is accentuated by her excellent phrasing. The chest voice is clear and light, effortlessly extending up to an A5 with the help of her excellent technique and clever mixing of the chest and head voice. The head voice is bright and robust, with great dynamics.
Vocal Negatives: The voice's lightness is often interpreted as it lacking power as whole, with the term "weak" sometimes being applied to the voice's tone.

jobeterob
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJTFPwX_KM4

nabob
12-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Vocal Pluses: Smoky lower range, which is dark and heavy. Her midrange is lighter, softer and has a warm timbre that carries through the to the top of the range. There is an intrinsic sweetness and youthfulness to the voice that is accentuated by her excellent phrasing. The chest voice is clear and light, effortlessly extending up to an A5 with the help of her excellent technique and clever mixing of the chest and head voice. The head voice is bright and robust, with great dynamics.
Vocal Negatives: The voice's lightness is often interpreted as it lacking power as whole, with the term "weak" sometimes being applied to the voice's tone.Sounds like a fine, must-have wine.

jobeterob
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
I think there are a bunch of these on Youtube. Interesting.

Glenpwood
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Lovely but I wish I could find Shantel Baker's Vocal Profile on YouTube. Her higher notes would blow me away and shatter glass like Ella in the old Memorex Tape commercials.....;)

jobeterob
12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
I think Shantel shattered herself right off YouTube!

Sugarchilehoneybaby
12-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Pardon my ignorance but who is Shantel Baker?

jobeterob
12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I think if you go to Youtube and search that name, you'll find a video or two.

She is one of several people that claim some attachment to a Supreme or two or the group.

She seems to sing in supermarket parking lots and out of the back of a pickup truck and is generally a frightening specimen.

Sugarchilehoneybaby
12-23-2011, 07:38 AM
LOL! She done stole the Supremes name from Karen Ragland!