PDA

View Full Version : Darrow Fletcher - Compilation

test

snakepit
12-17-2011, 09:13 PM
An artist who has made many fine records......for a variety of labels.
Does anybody know of a compilation of his work......?
it would make a nice set for sure.

jsmith
12-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Ace / Kent [[UK) are about to release a CD on Darrow. They have licensed the tracks on it from the owners of Ray Charles' Crossover productions catalogue so I don't know if it will include his stuff from earlier labels or not [[they may already have had agreements in place with other track owners).
I'm unsure when it will be released [[Feb / March 2012 I'd guess but Ady / Kent can be slow at getting everything together & actually issuing their CD's) but know it will contain some great previously unissued cuts plus the stuff Atco had the rights to via that label's Crossover deal.

snakepit
12-18-2011, 02:38 PM
jmith

that's wonderful news......no idea that was happening, just messing about on you tube and found some tracks unfamiliar to me........thought it would be nice to collate some of his stuff.....I've got quite a few but would look forward to this
"What good am I without you" and "Gotta draw the line" are dear to me.

ady_croasdell
12-19-2011, 11:49 AM
We've been fortunate enough to find enough unreleased Crossover label and productions material to be able to release a full 70s CD and a full 60s CD. It's good because his career was roughly in those two categories and quite different in style.

The 60s CD will be out in the first half of the year, the 70s in the second. Darrow is being kept abreast and we've licensed some songs directly from him.

snakepit
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Good stuff Ady
Yes his career was in two stages really....love the 60s of course but "rising cost of love" and some of the things on you tube prompted this thread