PDA

View Full Version : UK Tears Of A Clown follow up song

test

rovereab
08-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I always felt that [[Come Round Here0 I'm The One You Need was not the best choice of follow up to TOAC in the UK. In my opinion these songs would have been better, more upbeat choice:

It's A Good Feeling
Whole Lot Of Shaking In My Heart
More, More, More Of Your Love

What do you think?

dickiemint
08-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I thought that ' I don't blame you at all' was the follow up in the UK. I really like Come round here.

westgrandboulevard
08-28-2010, 07:33 PM
rovereab....

I like your suggestions in exactly the order you've placed them, but I'd put "From Head To Toe" at least on a par with "It's A Good Feeling". I do like Chris Clark's version, but prefer Smokey & Miracles, and especially the mono mix

dickiemint...

Yes, I too seemed to think "I don't blame you at all" was the UK follow up, then quickly checked it in Sharon D's estimable tome! Have to say I was a bit surprised, but pleased, when it sold as well as it did....

"Come round here" is a favourite, but in my mind I just keep hearing Four Tops singing it.....

honest man
08-29-2010, 05:27 AM
funnily enough i always thought i could hear DRATS sing come round here.love miracles version but i agree 4 tops could have done a brilliant job on it, as DRATS,but must agree with motown they made the right choice for follow up to tears of a clown, my opinion cheers

westgrandboulevard
08-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Still prefer the UK 45 version to the US, but they obviously knew their market...No. 1 also?

No.1 anywhere else in the world... and using which version?

westgrandboulevard
08-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Speaking of "Tears of a Clown", of course.....not "Come round here..", as I don't think that was ever a No.1 record....