PDA

View Full Version : Jill scott pissed over grammy nomination [[or lack of)

test

glencro
12-15-2011, 08:36 AM
http://uptownmagazine.com/2011/12/jill-scott-miguel-heated-over-grammy-nominations-photos/

Now I have an issue with Jill and any other artist complaining about not being nominated for a Grammy or any other award. There are a ton of artists at superstar status who have not received Grammys yet deserved them. Are you making music to win a Grammy or for the love of music? It looks good in a bio or press release but at the end of the day, who cares. Milli Vanilli won a Grammy for God's sake. Focus on the music. It's almost like a good teacher complaining that she wasn't voted teacher of the year. A true teacher's focus is teaching and mentoring children, not worrying about being recognized for doing so. Continue to give us good music Jill and what God has for you will truly come to you. I'm not sure who Miguel is but same to him.

stephanie
12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Jill should be thankful! There are people who would kill to have the career she has and make a living at it.

luke
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I thought she stated her feelings well. She has a right to feel disappointed and she wasnt bitter and praised others. Good for her being appropriately real!

paladin
12-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Grammys....uh ok....lets face it folks, I don't have a problem with her expressing herself, in fact this is the new way of the world, her expressions probably moved another 10,000 copies of her cd. This is the new way of the record companies. Let me give you a non music example. I watch a lot of sports and of course ESPN has several incarnations and has a firm monopoly on all sports all the time. However just this year dam near every single sports show on the channel are supported by Twitter and Facebook feeds. I mean when will this all end ? ....The way I see it never..........Since our communication technology has increased a hundred thousand fold since the early sixties, nothing is secret anymore and dam near nothing is sacred.......my neighbors look at me funny because I actually read a newspaper and have it delivered, that is for now..........

PS: I was watching a Star Trek movie the other day...something about Nemesis and was laughing my ass off because although it was made in 2002, Capt Picard was using a Tablet-like device.......we already got the smart phone, just touch and talk, pretty soon we'll probably solve the only thing we don't have from Star Trek and that's beam me up Scotty teleporter. but then I figure the Airline Industry won't 'G" for that.......

roger
12-17-2011, 11:15 AM
PS: I was watching a Star Trek movie the other day...something about Nemesis and was laughing my ass off because although it was made in 2002, Capt Picard was using a Tablet-like device.......we already got the smart phone, just touch and talk, pretty soon we'll probably solve the only thing we don't have from Star Trek and that's beam me up Scotty teleporter. but then I figure the Airline Industry won't 'G" for that.......

Thats not the only thing we don't have yet from Star Trek Paladin .. so far there has been no progress made on creating the "Replicators" they have on the Starship Enterprise .. where delicious food is made out of sub atomic particles [[or "nothing" to you and me).

Imagine if replicators were developed .. there would be no need for chefs [[they would need to retrain to program the replicators) .. moral/ethical objections that some people have to eating meat would evaporate and .. and what would happen to agriculture?

:)

Roger

paladin
12-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Imagine if replicators were developed .. there would be no need for chefs [[they would need to retrain to program the replicators) .. moral/ethical objections that some people have to eating meat would evaporate and .. and what would happen to agriculture?

Honestly that was too funny.........:rolleyes:........

on a side note whenever they use that darn thing on the show I think about Soylent Green......

jobeterob
12-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Didn't the Singing Nun win Best New Artist?