PDA

View Full Version : MAGIC OF MOTOWN Tribute

test

tomato tom
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
:[[Couple of weeks back, we had the Magic Of Motown tour in our fair city of Brighton. While I knew it was a tribute show, some of the act was trite and awful. The girl who handled the Jackson 5 hits was excellent. The rest of the female singers doing The Supremes, Martha & The Vandellas, were very poor, i thought. The male singers were FAR better. Their singing the Tops & Temps songs were very, very good. Being picky, I didnt like that they sang NON Motown songs, but said they were, like Gladys Knight & The Pips Midnight Train To Georgia for example. But hey,a sold out crowd, and they LOVED IT! Up on their feet, dancing and singing along. I enjoyed it too. I was especially happy that they made no claim to be the original Motown artists, but were just keeping the Motown spirit alive, in song and dance. A good review to check out if it comes your way.:cool: Paulo xxx

bankhousedave
12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Everybody loves Motown, Paulo, even if they don't exactly know what it is. As a brand; as a legend, it is trusted. That show that Flying Horse did was SRO nearly every night, all ofver the UK and in London. Feelgood evenings don't get any better - except when you can get the real thing. Imagine being able to enjoy it without the critical faculties we're all saddled with!

tomato tom
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
bankhousedave! You could not have put it better. I too, had a brilliant night. BUT, like you say, knowing the real deal DOES make it hard for us fanatics. Would I go see it again? Oh yes., and Im sure the other 5000 audience at The Brighton Centre would too. Like you say feelgood music for EVERYONE. The audience was one of the most diverse Ive ever seen. Not being sterotypical, but you had young, old, black, white, gay, straight, ...saw three people in wheelchairs doing their own dance routine..FAAB! What type of other music or, indeed the Motown brand could bring people together like this?..Paulo xxxx