PDA

View Full Version : The return of karyn white

test

glencro
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
It’s been nearly 18 years since Karyn White released her third album, Make Him Do Right, marking the start of what would be an extended break from music to focus on family—namely raising her daughter, Ashley [[her child with former husband, famed producer/songwriter Terry Lewis). But now, to the excitement of fans who kept hope alive for a follow-up, White has released a new single, “Sista, Sista,” and is announcing the release of a new album to be released in Spring of 2012.

White’s new CD entitled Carpe Diem, will showcase “heartfelt retro acoustic soulful flare,” and will feature a cover of Cyndi Lauper’s 1986 chart topping hit, “True Colors.”

The California native, who dominated the charts throughout the late 80’s and early 90’s, with such hits as “Superwoman,” “Secret Rendezvous,” and “Romantic,” is ready to represent and uplift all women. “I’m so much more prepared for ‘SUPERWOMAN’ as a grown woman than I was as the young woman. I’ve lived. I became a grown woman and I love women and I just want them to win!” said the singer in a recent interview.

Purchase Karyn White’s new single “Sista, Sista” now on iTunes

glencro
12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
And she's still fine!!!!

paladin
12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
for real !

tsull1
12-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Glencro took the words out of my mouth ... I was going to post, "About time this hottie, I mean, talented singer returned!"

Seriously, I liked her earlier albums, have a couple of them and then she suddenly disappeared. Some of it was loud, drum machine, over-produced stuff [[of course, Terry Lewis was her husband), but I liked it. "The Way You Love Me" and "Romantic" are two of my favorites.

smark21
12-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Good she's coming back, I always whatever happened to her as she was a good singer. Her duet with Babyface, Love Saw It, is a fave of mine.

daddyacey
12-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Being redundant ,,,,,She still FINE. The voice is a given........................

uptight
12-10-2011, 05:17 AM
From the moment I first saw her perform "Facts of Love" with Jeff Lorber on The Arsenio Hall Show [[or was it The Joan Rivers Show?), I knew she would be a big hit. The album I loved back in the day was the one with "Superwoman," ""The Way You Love Me" and "Love Saw It." Yes, it did have loud, clunky beats and was difficult to EQ on a home stereo, but it still got a lot of play on my stereo.

Her style of singing and song choices are great. I am glad to see she is coming back. Did she have children who are grown now, allowing her to come back to show biz?