PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Watts Classic R&B Weekend Featuring Gerald & Blue, Enchantment, Howard Hewett

test

juicefree20
08-27-2010, 09:54 PM
From Friday, Nov. 12th, through Saturday, Nov. 14th, Maurice Watts & The Sessoms Group will be presenting their 4th annual Classic R&B Weekend at Fernwood Hotel & Resort in the beautiful Bushkill section of The Poconos.

For those of you whom have attended the previous 3 years, you already know what a great time will be had this weekend. Always featured is a celebrity "Meet & Greet", Spades & Dominoes Tournament & for those who like to show off their skills, a Karaoke room, where you can let your hair down & have some fun. This weekend always features a very tasty complimentary breakfast & you're never rushed away, as it's all you can eat. Of course, there's the buffet, which gives you a myriad of food choices & the Banquet, which is delicious, as well. And I have to tell you that the split-level villas are pretty damn sweet & for the romantically inclined, are rather suductive & quite cozy.

Also, their featured workshops, particularily the health & financial workshops have been EXTREMELY popular. Maurice & Lincoln cover all of the bases, tending not only to your party desires, but also to your health & monetary needs. As I said, these workshops have been extremely popular & very well-attended. For those of you whom have LEGAL wares to sell, there are vendors tables available & there have been some very interesting goods for sale the last 3 years. And another highlight of the weekend has proven to be "The Dating Game", one which served to introduce a couple whom is very much in love today!

For the party lover in you, the music is served up & served up well by DJ Howie D & DJ Mandusa. As an Ex-DJ, I'm EXTREMELY hard to please, but Howie D is a brother who knows HOW to spin, knows WHAT to spin & knows WHEN to spin it. My respect & appreciation for his skills is endless & with Maurice on the mic, The Kings Of Old School definitely rock the party!

And then...THERE'S SHOWTIME!!!

For those of you whom have never attended, here's a small "Who's Who" of those whom have performed in previous years...

Russell Thompkins Jr. & The New Stylistics, Blue Magic, Lenny Williams, Howard Hewitt, Tavares, Black Ivory, Heatwave, Emanuel Rahiem, Eddie Holman, The Delfonics, Kurtis Blow, Evelyn "Champagne" King, Harold Melvin's Bluenotes, The Original Sugarhill Gang, Joe Bataan, Colonel Abrams, The Force MDs, The Intruders Review, Power, The Silver Stars, Randy Gill, Wayne & Charlie & this year, will be no different.

The line-up this year will feature Gerald & Blue's Manhattans, Enchantment, Howard Hewett, The Ohio Players, Surface & Alyson Williams.

Tickets to Maurice Watts Classic R&B Weekend are going fast. For more info, see...

The National R&B Music Society on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=459607965482#!/photo.php?pid=13789442&id=459607965482&ref=fbx_album

or

Maurice Watts at
http://www.mauricewatts.com/