PDA

View Full Version : Catching Up With Last Supreme ABC News w/ Don Sanchez

test

thelastsupreme
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8453158

stephanie
12-03-2011, 12:58 PM
This was awesome! Its strange seeing those Supremes videos from the 70s on the news but Im glad they were shown.
I know Miss Susaye wrote Free but I will always know her as the Supreme with the highest octave! Good to see her still at it and in the community as well.

skooldem1
12-03-2011, 01:07 PM
That was great. Very good exposure, that I'm sure will lead to more opportunities for you.

smark21
12-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Very good...I hope this leads to a booking at the Plush Room in SF.

jillfoster
12-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Looking good! Someone's dropped some weight I see, and taking care of one's voice and keeping in vocal shape certainly pays off, she has not lost one IOTA of her pipes, time has stood still in that department, sounding really good!

stephanie
12-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I have always liked the Emotions, Mariah Carey, Minnie Riperton and women that could kick the high octave ranges but nobody did it like Susaye and Londee London of New Birth in my opinion. I could listen to them all day long.

motony
12-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Susaye is simply beautiful inside & out and what a voice!I really love her painting of the Supremes, at first I thought it was a photo!

stopinthenameoflove
12-03-2011, 07:00 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8453158

Now that was just great! Susaye you were great as a Supreme, and still are great!

franjoy56
12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Susaye I am so glad you managed to get back into the spotlight, I love your CD;s No Fear Here
as well as Brave New Shoes, I sincerely hope your shows come to the east coast. I hope to get to see the art show in San Fransisco, if I can get a good fare. High Energy Always.

msjoys
12-04-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm so proud of you Susaye! God bless you!

motownlover1964
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
My partner and I attended the show last Friday. Susaye was fantastic! And, the jazz trio who not only played a few songs prior to her coming out were also very, very good. While the show was about an hour long we could have listened to her all afternoon! Her voice is strong and she hits those high, high notes very well. Afterwards we asked permission to meet her so she could sign a couple of CDs [[No Fear Here and the 70's Supremes collection). She was gracious and signed them and we got a few moments to chat with her, but not too long as she was on a tight schedule.

At the end of the day we both said, "It's not everyday you get to see, hear and hug a Supreme!" Was a great start to the weekend.

I do hope she comes back and gets a gig in San Francisco soon!

detmotownguy
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Wow, what a voice. Obviously Susaye is taking care of herself. I don't understand why we have all the crappy voices out there today and yet here is this vocal power house. I really appreciated the last grouping of Sups.

Roberta75
12-06-2011, 01:52 PM
My partner and I attended the show last Friday. Susaye was fantastic! And, the jazz trio who not only played a few songs prior to her coming out were also very, very good. While the show was about an hour long we could have listened to her all afternoon! Her voice is strong and she hits those high, high notes very well. Afterwards we asked permission to meet her so she could sign a couple of CDs [[No Fear Here and the 70's Supremes collection). She was gracious and signed them and we got a few moments to chat with her, but not too long as she was on a tight schedule.

At the end of the day we both said, "It's not everyday you get to see, hear and hug a Supreme!" Was a great start to the weekend.

I do hope she comes back and gets a gig in San Francisco soon!

Miss Greene deserves a two week gig at the Rraaz Room. I suggest we all contact them and them and politely request that the last Supreme, Miss Susaye Greene be added to their lineup.

http://www.therrazzroom.com/

Roberta

captainjames
12-07-2011, 11:51 AM
"Sweet" I am glad she is doing her thing !!!!!

redlabs
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
she is all class! thanks for the clip. she sounds as good, if not better than ever

thelastsupreme
12-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks Stephanie for the lovely compliment. I was glad they showed the videos as a point of reference, and thankfully they got the right grouping. Of course, Don Sanchez is a consummate pro, so I wouldn't expect anything less!

Thank you skooldem1! Fingers crossed, that kind of exposure is fantastic help to anyone's career.

Thank you smark21 , from your lips to God's ears! ;)

Thanks jillfoster Someone believes in going for life in the best way possible, and she's glad someone else noticed! xox

Thank you, motony! Very sweet of you to say.

Thank you so much, stopinthenameoflove

franjoy56 thank you, I would love to do the same kind of show in N.Y. and because this exhibition was so successful, it is a great possibility!

msjoys thank you! God does continue to bless me. Every day I wake up is a blessing, and I'm so grateful to still be able to get out there and do what I love.

motownlover1964 It was terrific to see you two! Wish it had been for longer, but nevertheless it was great. I'm delighted you enjoyed it.

detmotownguy thank you!

Roberta75 thanks, Roberta. I would love to play there. [[workin' on it!)

captainjames me too!

redlabs thanks for that; I'm still passionate about what I do.

here's a link to the photos from the exhibition. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.299115600122537.79951.264625073571590&type=3
Sold a lot of art, made a lot of new friends. Lady artists rule! :cool:

Happy holidays to each of you. Can't wait for 2012! Peace!