PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross & The Supremes 50th singles box set

test

tomato tom
12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
:cool:Said I didnt want or need it. Said I couldnt afford it. Said I didnt want another Supremes set. Walked into my local store for something else. Saw it, fell in love, and the rest is history. Of course I bought it. How could I not! It IS fabulous. Great packaging. Now if I could JUST afford the Temps.....Paulo xxxx:o

Jimi LaLumia
12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I didn't think that these titles were sold at retail/in stores;
was this a promo or previously owned copy?
what's the deal, does Hip O do brick and mortar retail?

tomato tom
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
this was from HMV..A MAJOR U.K. outlet. They have The Temps too.

luke
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Tell us about the booklet please.

tomato tom
12-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Its fab. Lots of foreign picture sleeves I have never seen before. Every track is discussed in detail. All chart positions noted. Lots of pics of the girls I have either not seen before, or very rarely. I really cant fault anything about this release. I know I said I didnt need it, but am SO pleased I got it. Now, if I can just raise some overtime cash for The Temptations..Paulo xxx

Jimi LaLumia
12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I have both, and both have brought me endless hours of listening pleasure and enjoyment of the book, info, pics, etc.well worth owning or giving as a gift

tomato tom
12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Now just waiting for THE MARVELETTES!..Paulo xxx

jobeterob
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
This is an excellent set; the CD Booklet is worth the price alone. It seems to me that the producers of the set are trying to create an exact historical record aimed at the fans.

The sound is excellent too. I listen and now I know why I thought there were Supremes that I knew on Love Child and Some Things We'll Never Get Used To and In and Out of Love.........those Andantes could sing like Mary and Flo.

Every Supremes fans needs to buy this.

thisoldheart
12-23-2011, 05:41 AM
i want my matching four tops and miracles sets!

johnjeb
12-23-2011, 09:12 AM
i want my matching four tops and miracles sets!

Definitely!

marybrewster
12-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I didn't think that these titles were sold at retail/in stores;
was this a promo or previously owned copy?
what's the deal, does Hip O do brick and mortar retail?

In my area, there is a fantastic "Mom and Pop" CD store surviving [[if not thriving) and I have seen at least one copy of every Hip-O Select Supremes release, brand new, in the package. I'm not sure if Mom and Pop order a copy to sell, or if Hip-O sends one. I was there just last week and they had "More Hits", priced at $39.99.