PDA

View Full Version : After All - Diana Ross Won 12 Grammy Awards - Soul Train Says!

test

jobeterob
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
.HomeVideosPhotosNewsCultureLifestyleViews

RelationshipsSoul MotivationMusicMediaEventsThursday Throwback – Diana Ross

December 1, 2011 · No comments

Thursday Throwback · Tagged: Diana Ross, diva, montrose cunningham, music, thursday throwback Look up the word “diva” in the dictionary and you may very well see a photo of Diana Ross [[does anyone actually look up words in a dictionary anymore?). Surely we all know Miss Ross as the lead singer of the legendary Motown group The Supremes. Her voice resonates on classics like “Where Did Our Love Go”, “Baby Love,” “Stop! In The Name Of Love”, and “Come See About Me”, just to name a few. Long before Beyoncé came on the scene, Ross made a name for herself as a female artist who shed the confines of her fellow group members to become a pop icon and movie star.

As a solo artist, she hit the charts repeatedly with the tunes “I’m Coming Out”, “Upside Down”, “Love Hangover”, “Missing You”, “Muscles”, and her duet with Lionel Richie “Endless Love.” As an actress Ross graced the big screen in such films as Mahogany and The Wiz. She won a Golden Globe award for her role as Billie Holiday in the 1972 feature film Lady Sings The Blues, which also earned her an Academy Award nomination for best actress. Ross has the honor of being one of the few artists with two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame–as a solo artist as well as a member of The Supremes. She’s won a host of awards including twelve Grammy Awards and a Tony Award for her one-woman show, “An Evening with Diana Ross”, in 1977. Ross is a mother of 5. Child number one, Rhonda Ross Kendrick, is the daughter of Motown founder Berry Gordy, and many are familiar with child number two, “Reed Between the Lines” star Tracee Ellis Ross. At 67 years old, Diana Ross continues to perform, tour, and sell out concerts worldwide.

–Montrose Cunningham

Montrose Cunningham is an independent funk/rock/soul artist and devoted music aficionado residing in Dallas, Texas. When he isn’t digging through the crates–digital and analog–he’s jamming with his band or hanging with his daughter; sometimes both at the same time. Purchase his latest release “Inertia” at www.MontroseMusic.com and on visit him online at Facebook.

http://soultrain.com/2011/12/01/thursday-throwback-%E2%80%93-diana-ross/

jobeterob
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
It's amazing what rubbish gets published by apparently reputable sources.

No wonder people think she sings Stoned Love; that's a small error.

smark21
12-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Montrose Cunningham may be an independent funk/rock/soul artist, but he's certainly not a good journalist.

Hotspurman
12-02-2011, 08:48 AM
What will be interesting is to see how often this misinformation gets repeated. As someone who has written several books on football and music [[23 to be precise), I'm still amazed at how many errors such as above appear on one site [[usually Wikipedia) and then get repeated across every other website.

Hotspurman
12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
And yes, I do use a dictionary when writing, both at home and work. I know the red squiggly line tells you if you have spelt the word wrong, but it doesn't tell you when you might have used it in the wrong context.