PDA

View Full Version : The Miracles Album Collection Volume Two

test

RossHolloway
12-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Has anyone heard word on when we can expect volume two of the Miracles collection? It's been two years since volume one was released but I haven't heard any mention of volume two. I just recently learned about their 1964 album I Like It Like That [[Tamla 249) that was withdrawn soon after it was released here in the States. From what I can tell about half the album tracks were from their album Doin' Mickeys Monkey with some newer songs. This is really my favorite period of the Miracles, musically and lyrically I think they're at their best. Volume three should be interesting too as a couple of those albums have never been on cd before. Fingers crossed for 2012.

If volume two sticks to the format on the first volume the next five albums should be included:

Doing Mickey's Monkey '63
Going To A Go Go '65
Away We A Go Go '66
Make It Happen/Tears of a Clown '67
Special Occasion '68

Roger Polhill
12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Ross there are the non album tracks plus the Chess and End singles from the "Greatest Hits From The Beginning" I haven`t heard of T. 249 please tell me more.

RossHolloway
12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't know much more than I've stated. It seems like the album was pulled and "Greatest Hits From The Beginnng" was then released. It just seemed like an odd release.

mysterysinger
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
UK Issue of I Like It Like That TML11003
Track listing
Side One
1.I Like It Like That
2.Dance What You Wanna
3.The Wah-Watusi
4.Such Is Love,Such Is Life
5.The Groovy Thing
6.I Gotta Dance to Keep From Crying

Side Two
1.That's What Love Is Made Of
2.The Monkey Time
3.You're So Fine and Sweet
4.Would I Love You
5.Dancin' Holiday
6.Twist And Shout

tomato tom
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Now this would be nice to see, thats for sure. Had never seen that album cover before..thanks...Paulo xxx

Roger Polhill
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM
I have that album, mystery thank you. It was common with Tamla Motown to mix albums together for a stronger release in those days - TM 11008 "Marvelous Marvelettes" SS 10099, "Fabulous Miracles, SS 10065 "On Stage" and TM 10100 "Marvin Gaye" are examples. I`ve gone just about everything and I can`t find a reference to TM. 249. as that title.I hope I`m wrong I usually am.

captainjames
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Have not heard anything about Vol # 2 yet but keep me posted on when "Flying High Together" gets release on CD.

Roger Polhill
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
You`ll be waiting quite a while captain, it might make vol. 3.

daviddesper
12-05-2011, 01:23 AM
I must be behind the times, because I was not aware that a Volume 1 of Miracles' albums had ever been released. Are you talking about a format similar to what has been done and is about to be done with the Marvelettes? If so, I don't remember anything about a first project for the Miracles. All I know about is their numerous greatest hits packages over the years.

Roger Polhill
12-05-2011, 01:39 AM
David it`s called "Depend On Me" and features "Hi" , "Cookin`", Something New"," Fabulous","Rec. Live" and a couple of bonus tracks. From Hip-O of course in 2009.

RossHolloway
12-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I must be behind the times, because I was not aware that a Volume 1 of Miracles' albums had ever been released. Are you talking about a format similar to what has been done and is about to be done with the Marvelettes? If so, I don't remember anything about a first project for the Miracles. All I know about is their numerous greatest hits packages over the years.

Check out the release. It's at a pretty good price too.

http://www.amazon.com/Depend-Me-Early-Albums-Miracles/dp/B002ECN4OQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323100846&sr=8-1

tomato tom
12-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I bought this when it came out. Fabulous!..Paulo xxx

justanothermotownfan
12-09-2011, 06:33 PM
I would like to see One Dozen Roses on CD. I think that's one of the few remaining that was never reissued....

kenneth
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
A nice collection would be the two Miracles' Christmas albums with some bonus tracks. I know there was the one song "Christmas Lullaby" [[?) which was not released at the time, though it's come out since on some compilations. Would be a nice collection, and likely could fit on a single CD.

Roger Polhill
12-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Kenneth, "The Season For Miracles" is available and all tracks from "Christmas With The Miracles" are released on the following cds. Miracles "Our Very Best Christmas" which are tracks from both albums plus "Motown Christmas Vol.2" and the Spectrum release "Smokey Robinson & Miracles & Four Tops Christmas Album" to save you waiting."Christmas Lullaby" is also included.

kenneth
12-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Roger - Thanks for that. They seem to be a little stingy with the track listings on those, when both albums could easily fit on one CD. I think the first Miracles Christmas LP is only about 25 minutes long!

radionixon
12-22-2011, 07:25 PM
David it`s called "Depend On Me" and features "Hi" , "Cookin`", Something New"," Fabulous","Rec. Live" and a couple of bonus tracks. From Hip-O of course in 2009.

It's a great set, but I didn't realise it was a "volume one" type thing - I thought it was just a handy compilation of their earliest albums, rather than the first in a series as with the Marvelettes. I'd be so happy to be wrong!

keith_hughes
12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey, JustAnother..., yes: "One Dozen Roses" has never made it to CD, and neither has "Flying High Together". I think they're the only ones. Make a nice twofer, no? I'd buy it.

Roger Polhill
12-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Make it a threefer and include "A Pocket Full Of Miracles" that hasn`t made it on cd. either.

keith_hughes
12-23-2011, 02:05 PM
True. But I don't think all three would fit on one CD. So I'd vote for adding "What Love Has Joined Together", as the 1992 CD has long been out of print, thus making it a double CD! [[With unreleased bonus tracks, of course.)

kenneth
12-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I wonder why it was considered that the market for Smokey's solo LPs was so much stronger. I like a few of his solo LPs but to me many of them are bland and uninteresting. They're coming out fast, though, so they must be selling.

Motown4Ever518
12-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I would like to see One Dozen Roses on CD. I think that's one of the few remaining that was never reissued....

Agreed! "When Sundown Comes" from that album was years ahead of its time.

carlo
12-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I hope we get Vol. 2 of the Miracles soon.