PDA

View Full Version : Divas smack talking other divas

test

jobeterob
11-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Divas smack talking other divas [[video)Elizabeth Bromstein Nov 28, 2011 0 Comments

Oh, those divas. Always snarking over each other. Or not. It depends on the mood apparently, and there appears to be a fair amount of flip flopping. Madonna, Celine, Whitney, Christina, Mariah - Oh, Mariah. Lady Gaga on the other hand, seems to love everyone. In their defense, as is pointed out in the following clip, the media practically forces them into it sometimes.

Some genius over at a blog called fourfour put together a nine minute video of divas on divas.

It comes with the explanation: “the practice of female singers being asked to comment on their peers [[or taking it upon themselves to do so) is endlessly fascinating...So here are a bunch of clips of divas talking about divas. I gave myself an organizational rule when assembling this: The person speaking in each clip must have been talked about in the preceding clip.”

Some of the best snarks are about Madonna, including:

Mariah Carey: “I haven’t paid attention to Madonna since I was in 7th or 8th grade, when she was popular.” Snap!

Janet Jackson: “How do I put this? I think what I do has class to it.” Zing!

And, the ultimate, Cher on Madonna: “She’s unbelievably creative. She’s not unbelievably beautiful, she’s not beautiful, but she’s...rude.” Booyah!

Ladies, please!

Watch the video below.

jobeterob
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
http://eatthis.inmusic.ca/2011/11/divas-smack-talking-other-divas-video.html

jillfoster
11-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Well, it's about time you own up to your love of mudslinging! We've known this for years now.
Divas trash talking each other? One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v61IDv6OA4

jobeterob
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Not more momentarily enjoyable than a good scrap; every good lawyer has a few or he's not worth his salt.

jobeterob
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
That old girl Jill posted the clip of is hilarious.

tomato tom
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
What? No Mary bashing Diane?????

soulster
11-29-2011, 07:03 PM
OK, I watched it. It seems to me that the media plays up every little word and tries to make more out of what is there.

BobC
11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I liked when Morrissey was asked what he thought of Madonna, and he responded "I'm afraid Madonna is the closest we shall come to organized prostitution."

He was so nasty about other artists that he wrote a song about himself and his big yap called "Bigmouth Strikes Again."

I was glad he said that about Madonna. I couldn't stand how people in the 90's thought she was so "shocking" and "outrageous." These people must lead really sheltered lives!

soulster
11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Does anyone care about the actual music?

BobC
11-29-2011, 10:18 PM
YES!!! Come on, pal, have a sense of humor! It's all show-biz!

jillfoster
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Soulster, you know how obsessed I am with the music, youv'e seen my postings. I get agggravated sometimes cause people don't want to talk about the production end so much. But that don't mean I don't like some juicy gossip now and then. Boy George's book was full of that kind of thing, a very entertaining read. just a couple days ago... thye ain't Diva's... but it's juicy, nonetheless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLwI2ZaQP1Y