PDA

View Full Version : Robin Gibb

test

rta5225
11-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Hi All: Robin Gibb is fighting liver cancer. I didn't see this on the board so I thought I'd include it. This is not good. Usually your days are numbered when you have liver cancer and he looks awful. Below you will find an article I copied about the diagnosis. Also beneath that is a statement from Robin himself where he admits he is very ill. This is really sad. My guess we will probably lose this legend very soon. I would LOVE to be wrong, but I don't want to get into denial.

Robin Gibb of Bee Gees fame battles liver cancer
By Steve Smith
Posted: 11/23/2011 05:45:28 PM PST

ROBIN GIBB BATTLES LIVER CANCER

Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb, 61, was diagnosed with liver cancer earlier this year and has been undergoing treatment for several months, it has been revealed. His 91-year-old mother Barbara and 65-year-old brother Barry both flew to England from their homes in the United States to be by his side, reports Britain's Daily Mail.

Gibb has been rushed to the hospital more than once over the past year for intestinal problems, and in fact, he had intestinal surgery last October.

His twin brother Maurice died at 53 from a twisted intestine in January 2003. In a very recent TV interview, Gibb mused about Maurice, "I just imagine he's out there somewhere and I will bump into him one day."

A friend of the family said, "There is frustration because Robin has always looked after himself. He doesn't drink, eats well and exercises daily."

THANK YOU
Robin Gibb is very touched by all the wishes of support he is receiving and thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers.. http://www.robingibb.com/home

I wish to thank my family, friends and fans and the many thousands of people who do not know me but have enjoyed Bee Gees music and have wished me well. I am very touched by your love, kindness and support. This concern from people all over the world has demonstrated the depth of feeling and love that the Bee Gees have achieved over the years. It is humbling and I take your prayers and good wishes for my health very seriously. I have been very unwell and am now on the road to recovery, and your prayers and wishes are a great tonic to me. I believe because of you I will get well and my deepest love goes out to you all. Robin xxxx

daviddesper
11-24-2011, 01:42 AM
This was featured tonight in a segment of Entertainment Tonight. He looked absolutely frightful [[very thin) but the message of the story seemed to be that he was doing better. So who knows?

jaybs
11-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Robin is a real gentleman, what suffering the Gibb family seem to have had, hope he does make a recovery, they did play an important part in Music.

splanky
11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I didn't want to see this news today but I'll be wishiing the best for Robin....

bankhousedave
11-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Same here, Splank.

carlo
11-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I think no matter what the diagnosis is, one should always remain positive and hopeful. I believe in the power of our thoughts, our words and our prayers. Faith moves mountains. Some people in my life have had cancer. It's important for friends and family to stand in faith with the person. It's not living in denial. It's called not giving up.

bankhousedave
11-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Well said, Carlo.

luke
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Amen Carlo. My sister died young from liver cancer but people have been know to survive it though I agree rta -it is very serious and Robin looks very ill.

mark speck
11-25-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm with him all the way...I've been on a Bee Gees kick for the past few months, and I'd hate to lose another one. Get well soon, Robin!!

Best,

Mark

luke
11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
The Bee Gees have been so maligned and are so brilliant.

stephanie
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Gosh! I hope he makes it through this the Bee Gees are one of the most gifted and talented singers in a family I have ever heard. This must be hard on Barry as well. Prayers going up for Robin.

rta5225
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Hi All: Here is the latest article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2066451/Spider-therapy-detox-hut-cancer-stricken-Robin-Gibb-insists-hell-soon-tour.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

BobC
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
You know nobody remembers the "Main Course" album with "Nights on Broadway" and "Fanny Be Tender" on it--that album was totally over-shadowed by their disco stuff but I am here to tell you that album was fantastic. The harmonies are so complex and cool. I hope Robin the best. You have to hand it to a group that reinvents themselves every decade and gets huge hits.

mannyc
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Baby As You Turn Away" was and is one of The Bee Gee's best songs ever, also from The "Main Course" LP.