PDA

View Full Version : What happened to gladys knight & pips "time can`t erase 1966-70" lost & found.

test

Roger Polhill
11-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I have one song "A Man Is A Woman`s Weakness" on a Tower sampler from 2000 and it was due be released with Martha`s Lost & Found.I have looked everywhere and it hasn`t surfaced.Can anybody help me as it must have been discussed before.

RossHolloway
11-23-2011, 09:33 AM
It was never released.

mysterysinger
11-23-2011, 12:34 PM
A thread with a split personality I think = Gladys or Martha?

Roger Polhill
11-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Gladys. I have Martha`s.

RossHolloway
11-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I think George Solomon who visits this board sometimes may even have information on the track listing.

motown01
11-24-2011, 01:54 AM
I really hope this gets released. What has been issued from the vaults by Gladys & The Pips so far has been nothing short of amazing.

keith_hughes
11-24-2011, 09:03 AM
I believe that nearly all the tracks that were scheduled for this release have now found their own way out of the Vaults, with notable assistance from Mr Paul Nixon ... I say that, without being sure there ever WAS a final tracklist.

motown01
11-24-2011, 10:01 AM
'Time Can't Erase' hasn't yet been released.

I thought that there had only been a handful of songs released...

Good Lovin' Ain't Easy to Come By, If You Ever Get Your Hands on Love, Everyday I'll Love You More Than Yesterday, A Bird In the Hand, I'm Gonna Get You, The Day You Take One.

It still seems like there should be a few more tracks, if an entire CD was planned.

Motown Eddie
11-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I have one song "A Man Is A Woman`s Weakness" on a Tower sampler from 2000 and it was due be released with Martha`s Lost & Found.I have looked everywhere and it hasn`t surfaced.Can anybody help me as it must have been discussed before.

There was a "Lost & Found" set on the boards for Gladys Knight & the Pips but Motown never followed through with the plan and the collection was not released [[so far). I also have "A Man Is A Woman's Weakness" on the Tower Records Motown Sampler and it's a great track.

144man
11-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Is it true that the compilation wasn't released because Gladys Knight objected to it?

copley
11-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Gladys was/is in dispute with Universal re unreleased tracks from a certain time period. I don't know the actual legal technicalities but I'm sure some one on here does.

theboyfromxtown
11-26-2011, 02:32 AM
'Time Can't Erase' hasn't yet been released.

I thought that there had only been a handful of songs released...

Good Lovin' Ain't Easy to Come By, If You Ever Get Your Hands on Love, Everyday I'll Love You More Than Yesterday, A Bird In the Hand, I'm Gonna Get You, The Day You Take One.

It still seems like there should be a few more tracks, if an entire CD was planned.

"Too Late For You And Me" and "Here Are The Pieces of My Broken Heart" [[long version) were also released. Two Coke adverts on Gladys "Joe's Place" are also available.

theboyfromxtown
11-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Is it true that the compilation wasn't released because Gladys Knight objected to it?

No, that is not true.

jobeterob
11-26-2011, 02:38 AM
A popular member returns; we are fortunate.

daddyacey
11-26-2011, 04:46 AM
I was looking forward to this release also. Seems like it would have sold like the FOUR TOPS edition of the second LOST and FOUND series. I slept on that and it sold out. The used copies on E-BAY and AMAZON go for stupid amounts of money ,where as I had no choice but to download it from a blog.[[I'm so ashamed ,but I got over it ,art work and all). On the other hand I was able to purchase the SUPREMES LOST AND FOUND from FYE when they were going out of business for $15 ,yet the MARTHA AND THE VANDELLAS LOST AND FOUND is still available.
GLADY's is not a stupid woman and being one of the few acts that left MOTOWN and defied the "leave me and you'll be nothing curse of B.G." and continued to florish ,I say she has a right to disagree and or have control over her MOTOWN product if that was the case or not. Hell has no Fury , specially when it comes to a sister with her talent. SIGH>>>>>>>

144man
11-26-2011, 06:30 AM
No, that is not true.

Thanks for clearing that up.