PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Nov 22, 9P-12m ET: Jerry Plunk's BACK LIVE for Part TWO!!!

test

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Howdy Folks! The pleasure and honor of having Jerry Plunk, lead singer and drummer of HDH's Flaming Ember, on "Nightflight" last week will happen one more time tonight in Part Two of a Tribute to Jerry Plunk!
Jerry will be on the show LIVE again,from the shores of the Kentucky River. We will talk more about his life and career and listen to all of his music...from way before HDH to way after. Jerry is sharing tonight some very rare tracks, including some with Flaming Ember never aired before. So join us tonight...on "Nightflight"....on WOMR 92.1 Fm Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 Fm Orleans as streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org
Thanks!
John

PS...as some of you may know, my cat Chloe died last Thursday, after the sweetest and most loving 18 very healthy years with me. I have been sort of nuts over our separation....but I thought I would go on with the show because so many wonderful friends have helped me through the most difficult patch...and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

sophisticated_soul
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
John, I just viewed your beautiful youtube video tribute to Cloe. It is so moving and so fitting, using the media by which you have offered us so many wonderful sights and sounds. It's perfect. I'm glad you decided to do tonight's show, John. I am here for you 100% my friend. See you on the radio!:cool:

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 07:00 PM
John, I just viewed your beautiful youtube video tribute to Cloe. It is so moving and so fitting, using the media by which you have offered us so many wonderful sights and sounds. It's perfect. I'm glad you decided to do tonight's show, John. I am here for you 100% my friend. See you on the radio!:cool:

...thank you, my friend [[...*a smile and a tear...)

JimBagley
11-22-2011, 08:04 PM
John,
Looking forward to you, Jerry, and the show. Thinking of you and Chloe.

Jim

westgrandboulevard
11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
John

I also spotted your tribute to Chloe and watched, transfixed. It is, indeed, extremely moving.

We give much of our hearts, don't we, to our furry friends........those creatures of great character and dignity.

They never take more than they need from us.

We give it willingly, and they take it with them forever, leaving us uplifted, and all the better for it.

Each is an individual.

As I watched Chloe on the screen,I began to wonder what Belle [[the 'Chloe' of this home!) was up to.

She's appeared now, has snacked, and is flopped on my lap, as I'm typing this.

Her purring seems to be invoking a message without words for you......

Chloe is quite safe in your heart.

Somewhere,not too far away from you,there's another cat.

A cat probably quite unlike Chloe, but still possessed of great character.

Waiting for you, until your eyes and heart are ready to recognise and accept.....

Just quietly looking in your direction, studying the prospects...and hoping......

God Bless, and thank you for the music.

Roger

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 08:25 PM
John,
Looking forward to you, Jerry, and the show. Thinking of you and Chloe.

Jim

Jim...good to see you...and thank you...

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
John

I also spotted your tribute to Chloe and watched, transfixed. It is, indeed, extremely moving.

We give much of our hearts, don't we, to our furry friends........those creatures of great character and dignity.

They never take more than they need from us.

We give it willingly, and they take it with them forever, leaving us uplifted, and all the better for it.

Each is an individual.

As I watched Chloe on the screen,I began to wonder what Belle [[the 'Chloe' of this home!) was up to.

She's appeared now, has snacked, and is flopped on my lap, as I'm typing this.

Her purring seems to be invoking a message without words for you......

Chloe is quite safe in your heart.

Somewhere,not too far away from you,there's another cat.

A cat probably quite unlike Chloe, but still possessed of great character.

Waiting for you, until your eyes and heart are ready to recognise and accept.....

Just quietly looking in your direction, studying the prospects...and hoping......

God Bless, and thank you for the music.

Roger

Roger....thank you so much for your words of consolation. They gave pause to my grief and touched a hurting heart
that needs those words right now. I'm so glad your words are here...I will some back to read them again.......and again.
God Bless you and your Belle...please rub her belly for me...

lovechild
11-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi JP - looking forward to part 2 of the two JP's ... I will check the video after the show.. have a good one! :)

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey, Tony....great to have you, my friend...

JimBagley
11-22-2011, 10:22 PM
"Chloe was good, sweet, loving, and gorgeous."

Find me one woman in Hollyweird who is ALL of those things!

jayedsel
11-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Could someone post the web address to John's tribute to his cat Chloe ?
Jay

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Could someone post the web address to John's tribute to his cat Chloe ?
Jay

Jay...thank you....here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGtmyho6eN8

JimBagley
11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks for playing I'm Not My Brother's Keeper

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks for playing I'm Not My Brother's Keeper

Sure....!!!!

sophisticated_soul
11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Great music, great interview. Jerry is so interesting to listen to.:cool:

midnight johnny
11-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Great music, great interview. Jerry is so interesting to listen to.:cool:

Thanks..Joseph!!!

sophisticated_soul
11-22-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm not particularly a back porch man but this song is really awesome! LOL!:cool:

JimBagley
11-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Shake it good!

patty tomato
11-22-2011, 11:57 PM
happy thanksgiving everybody!!!!!

sophisticated_soul
11-22-2011, 11:59 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!:cool:

JimBagley
11-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Hi Patty,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joseph and Tony and John and Jerry and the rest of America.

Jim

JimBagley
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Love that Edith Wayne! What a talent!

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, Patty...and welcome!!

sophisticated_soul
11-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Love that Edith Wayne! What a talent!

Lil Wayne's mom?:confused::rolleyes:

JimBagley
11-23-2011, 12:09 AM
Lil Wayne's mom?:confused::rolleyes:

Nope. John Wayne's little sister.

lovechild
11-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi Patty,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joseph and Tony and John and Jerry and the rest of America.

Jim

Thanks Jim and Happy GobbleGobble Day to you too and everyone...

JimBagley
11-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks Jim and Happy GobbleGobble Day to you too and everyone...

Not sure why, but it cracks me up when people say "gobble gobble."

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 12:15 AM
It's so nice to have all of you here......

lovechild
11-23-2011, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=JimBagley;79035]Not sure why, but it cracks me up when people say "gobble gobble."[/QUO
LOL me too Jim...we will be gobbling all of that food up in a few hours eh?

JimBagley
11-23-2011, 12:20 AM
It's so nice to have all of you here......

I know what you mean, John. We're like The Waltons, except for being scattered all over the country.

Goodnight John Boy. Goodnight Joe Bob. Goodnight Patty Ellen. Goodnight Tony Joe.

texassoul
11-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi John. Sorry to be late. Been listening on my Iphone while driving and have just returned home. Hope all's well with you.

sophisticated_soul
11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Not sure why, but it cracks me up when people say "gobble gobble."

In "Suddenly, Last Summer", didn't Sebastian Venable wind up kind of gobble, gobble!? LOL!:eek:

texassoul
11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
John, what was the title of The Tymes song you just played?

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi John. Sorry to be late. Been listening on my Iphone while driving and have just returned home. Hope all's well with you.

Mike...so glad to have you with us....

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 12:27 AM
John, what was the title of The Tymes song you just played?

Mike...from Jerry's unreleased album "Unfinished Business"..."The Same Old Lies"...

sophisticated_soul
11-23-2011, 12:36 AM
This is a great rendition of "Going In Circles". Very cool!:cool:

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 12:54 AM
...a very peaceful Thankssgiving to you all...thank you so much...

lovechild
11-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Thank you John for a couple of enjoyable shows with Jerry. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday....

sophisticated_soul
11-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Thank you John. Thank you Jerry, you are always a very interesting and entertaining interview. Your music is great and your voice is one of a kind. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks everybody for joining in and Happy Thanksgiving one and all. Take care John.

Goodnight sweet Cloe.

JOsEph

texassoul
11-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Let us all recognize how fortunate we are. Cheers.

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Thank you John for a couple of enjoyable shows with Jerry. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday....

Tony...thanks so much...have a peaceful Thanksgiving....

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Thank you John. Thank you Jerry, you are always a very interesting and entertaining interview. Your music is great and your voice is one of a kind. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks everybody for joining in and Happy Thanksgiving one and all. Take care John.

Goodnight sweet Cloe.

JOsEph

Joseph....thank you for everything....and have a peaceful Thanksgiving. You take care too....

midnight johnny
11-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Let us all recognize how fortunate we are. Cheers.

....and to you too, Mike...yes...we are somehow more fortunate than we realize.....