PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Get Together

test

millivanilli
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Everyone!! It's been quite awhile since we've had any sort of get together, however, wait no more!! Next Wednesday, September 1st we will be at Northern Lights Lounge on Baltimore between 2nd and 3rd streets [[1 block south of W. Grand Blvd.). Dennis Coffey and his band will be playing there, there's NO COVER CHARGE, there's great food, and here's who will be joining us:

Spyder Turner, Melvin Davis, June Jones [[Uriel's wife), Kim Weston, Pat Cosby, Clay MacMurray, Ed Wolfrum, Annie Jamerson, McKinley Jackson, Spyder Webb, Roz and Jeanette from the Vandellas, and last but not least, the CEO of the Motown Museum, Audley Smith and his wife will be there. Even our webmaster Lowell will pay us a visit!! Please join us for a great time. Music starts at 8pm. Hope to see you there!!!

Millie Coffey

uptight
08-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Dang, I just left the Motor City after last weekend's high school reunion events... I'm gonna miss out unless some miracle happens that allows me the pleasure of returning for another visit so soon.

ralpht
08-27-2010, 02:45 PM
I wish I could be there, Millie. Please give my regards to all.

Doug-Morgan
08-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Millie....
.....You're connected with the Detroit Radio Reunion, aren't you [[you know, ARV's unofficial 65th birthday party)? How's that coming along?

millivanilli
08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes Doug, that's me! Funny you should ask about the reunion....we've been working on it for months now, and the 25th of September is almost here!! Ah yes, Art's 65th birthday party...he's a good guy and means well. Will you be joining us this year?

millivanilli
08-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I wish you could be there too, Ralph. Dennis just learned "Mustang Sally" so Kim Weston, Millie Arbor [[Velvelettes) and I plan on singing background [["...ride Sally ride...")! Oy Vey!! Will you be headed home [[Detroit) any time soon?? I miss you..

Doug-Morgan
08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Alas, no. It's a bit of a commute back to Detroit....about 2200 miles worth. Be there in spirit, though. Last time I was in the Detroit area was for a radio reunion Art organized when Eastern Michigan University broadcasting professor Bill Swisher retired in 1995. Last time I saw ARV was 7 or 8 years ago. He sprung for dinner [[!) in Seattle.....

ralpht
08-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Millie,
I'm somewhat hoping for an early October trip back home. I'll let you know if this works out.

millivanilli
08-28-2010, 06:19 PM
That would be great, Ralph! We're going to try and do these get togethers on the first Wednesday of every month. This Wednesday will be our first one and we're all pretty excited!!! Everyone I've spoken to is really up for getting together. As you know, Dennis and I, along with Melvin Davis, Spyder Turner, and the Velvelettes were in New York City a few weeks ago. The gig was in Lincoln Center and we all had a great time. Even Jerry Seinfeld and his wife were in the audience!!! How cool was that?? Hope you're able to make it here in October.

voosh
08-29-2010, 02:50 AM
Gonna try to be there.

mark speck
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I'd love to come--I had a BLAST when we got together in 2003--but this is a little short notice for me. Maybe another time...

Best,

Mark

drewschultz88
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm there, and really looking forward to it!

mrclemma
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
What a great time! Dennis, as usual was spectacular. Spyder was fantastic. Even Millie got up and sang back-up on "Mustang Sally." James Jamerson jr. played for most of the second set. Lots of familiar faces in the audience, including "Rocket" Jeff Meier and his lovely wife, Gwen Joy.

mrclemma
09-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks, Millie, for putting the whole thing together.

drewschultz88
09-02-2010, 06:55 PM
So bummed I could only stay for the first set! Hopefully it'll happen again, I'll do my best to be there again!

1382hitsville
09-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey all,

Would love to come in October. Since I need to book plane tickets from the Netherlands, please let me know if October 6th is a deal....

I'll be there.