PDA

View Full Version : New Betty Wright album

test

tsull1
11-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Heard a few clips on the radio and an interview. Some thoughts:

* The clips sounded good.

* Some of it is new arrangements of older stuff, or clips of older stuff.

* Mixed feelings on The Roots, who is the backing band here. Their album with John Legend wasn't very good, IMO.

* In typical fashion, classic soul legend duets with some newbies like Josh Stone. I wish that loser Snoop Doggy wasn't on here like he is the new Mayer Hawthorne album.What do people see in this homely, no talent hack?

* The duet with Lenny Willimas sounds encouraging.

* I like Betty enough to possibly buy this album, but I'll have to give it a few listens on Amazon.

* I'm glad she's still in the music business, she is talented.

splanky
11-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I love Betty but I won't get this one. I don't have a problem with The Roots and I remember Betty supported Josh on
her early release. I just have this rule:
I don't allow Lil Wayne in my house. He's on the record. I wouldn't see his act or take his "music" if it were FREE.
Keep me posted on her next release...

blueskies
11-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't allow Lil Wayne in my house.

An "Amen" to that one! As far as his 'music'.....well, the word 'music' and Lil Wayne shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

nysister
11-19-2011, 06:53 PM
@splanky and blueskies.....I second that emotion in reference to Lil Wayne!!!

glencro
11-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll have to get this one and skip over Lil Wayne. I absolutely love The Roots and the collaboration of the two, I'm excited to hear what they have conjured up. I actually liked the cd they did with John Legend. They rmained true to the original compositions that they re-recorded. The written reviews on there so far are good. Also, love the vintage looking cd cover.3881