PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie Pointer arrested in LA

test

Roberta75
11-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Get the help you need Bonnie and take good care of yourself. Your version of Heaven Must Have Sent You wore out my turntable in 1979.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/18/bonnie-pointer-arrested/#.Tsak0a7QSDM

jobeterob
11-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Poor lady; she was in a tough business that opens you up to this.

Pointer Sister -- Arrested for Drugs in L.A.
Celebrity Justice11/18/2011 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFFPointer Sister Arrested for Drugs in L.A.
Bonnie Pointer -- a founding member of the famous Pointer Sisters singing group -- was arrested early this morning in Los Angeles for possession of a controlled substance ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement, 61-year-old Pointer was busted for felony possession of a controlled substance at 12:39 AM and hauled to a nearby station-- where she was booked and held on $10,000 bail. Pointer was released from custody around 4:30 AM.

The Pointer Sisters were HUGE in the '70s and '80s -- churning out hits like "Slow Hand" and "Neutron Dance."

TMZ shot footage of Bonnie in L.A. last weekend -- in which the singer revealed her sister Anita is fighting cancer. Bonnie appeared loopy and out of it.

10:00AM PT Sources close to Anita Pointer tell us she is fine -- she does NOT have cancer. By the way, Bonnie left the Pointer Sisters in the late 70s to pursue a solo career.

BobC
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
The Pointer Sisters WERE huge back then, but Bonnie was long gone by the time they started getting big. I liked her song "Free Me From My Freedom."

motony
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
she left the group for what she thought was greener pastures with Motown & we know how that turned out. The others went on to pretty big star-dom without her & then she wanted back in & they said no way. You would think sisters would get over these grudges when they are older.

rod_rick
11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
she left the group for what she thought was greener pastures with Motown & we know how that turned out. The others went on to pretty big star-dom without her & then she wanted back in & they said no way. You would think sisters would get over these grudges when they are older.

I don't think that Ruth and Anita are holding a grudge, it just might be what Bonnie was arrested for the drugs. Remember June was put out of the group for the same reason before she passed on.

carlo
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
This is so sad. I love Bonnie. A beautiful and talented lady. She doesn't need this crap. I hope she is able to get herself together before it's too late. Her sister couldn't :[[

I remember reading a while ago that Bonnie was going to appear on Celebrity Rehab and then nothing came of it. I had a feeling that she had probably fallen off the wagon again, but didn't want to believe it. It looks like that is what happened. :[[

I bought her latest album "Like A Picasso" a few months ago. A very good album.

Get well, Bonnie.

Rosie
11-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Sadly not surprised based on recent stories. Its really sad...June's gone,Bonnie's struggling and I hope Anita doesn't have cancer but who knows. Hopefully this arrest is a wake up call and she gets better. Also I hope they can regroup. Even though they all are blessed vocally and have gone their separate ways[[solo works)...The Pointer Sisters are always better together.
http://s9.postimage.org/ohzl8li0r/image.jpg [[http://postimage.org/image/ohzl8li0r/)

carlo
11-19-2011, 12:56 AM
and I hope Anita doesn't have cancer but who knows.

Huh??????????

Rosie
11-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Why would Bonnie make that up?! Anita hasn't fully spoken out but lots of celebs keep their health issues to themselves. So I can't call it...I hope its not true.

carlo
11-19-2011, 01:19 AM
It says it in the article. Why would Bonnie make that up? Granted I dont think Anita has spoken but lots of celebs keep their health issues to themselves. So I can't call it...I hope its not true.

I hope it's not true. I didn't notice that bit of info in the article.

I just found the video on TMZ of Bonnie where she says this. It was recorded last weekend. She seems like she's under the influence. So whether that info on Anita is really true...it's hard to say. The ladies are still performing and touring at this very moment, so if something was really wrong, they would have cancelled their shows. They were just in Australia.

I think Bonnie said this in desperation. She looks lost and I hope she finds her way and get's help.

Rosie
11-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Who's that desperate?! Not trying to be mean here. Good to hear they were recently/are touring. On the flipside cancer isn't always a death sentence so you're not always stuck in bed...people work. I want to hear it direct and directly from Anita. I'm confused on this one!

carlo
11-19-2011, 01:33 AM
I said that Bonnie is desperate. I watched the video and to me, she seemed like a desperate woman. She was high and she seems spiritually lost. I will be praying for her.

carlo
11-19-2011, 01:40 AM
It looks like Bonnie is right, Rosie...

Anita, 63, isn't on the Australian tour, however. Between interview and departure date, she felt unwell and ''decided regretfully against the travel at this time'', the group's management says. In her place is Ruth's daughter Issa Pointer, reducing the band to Pointer Sister but representing three generations of the family.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/pointer-sisters-are-keeping-it-all-in-the-family-for-the-next-generation-20111115-1nh1o.html#ixzz1e7vvdEEB

Rosie
11-19-2011, 01:54 AM
^^Oh,I got you[[wink)! It was just hard for me to think anybody is that desparate to say something like that about a sibling[[especially when one actually died of cancer),whether they are abusing drugs or not. Maybe I was giving her too much credit from jump IDK? But now we know the deal,thanks for the update. That really does suck. Hopefully Anita and Bonnie get better!

dvus7
11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Can somebody please inform me....Who is Sadoko Johnson's parents???