PDA

View Full Version : If Diana Did Some of the 70's Supremes Songs

test

Koach
11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
If she decided to include any of the 70's Supremes songs in her concert, would you have a problem with it? I remember reading once about four years ago that she did Up the Ladder to the Roof one time - could have been done by request. I would love to see that clip if available.

marv2
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
If she decided to include any of the 70's Supremes songs in her concert, would you have a problem with it? I remember reading once about four years ago that she did Up the Ladder to the Roof one time - could have been done by request. I would love to see that clip if available.

I've never heard that before.

Koach
11-16-2011, 04:32 PM
It was posted on a D.R. message board back in late 2007 or early 2008. I don't know when this occured or if it's even true.

motony
11-16-2011, 04:49 PM
with all HER hits I doubt she would do Supremes songs she was not on.

Roberta75
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
with all HER hits I doubt she would do Supremes songs she was not on.

I agree motony. Doesn't make sense.

Roberta

BayouMotownMan
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Ain't no way she'd do a Jean Terrell song

jobeterob
11-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Plus which, other than perhaps Stoned Love, the 70's Supremes songs are not very well known enough to do in concert when they want Baby Love and Ain't No Mountain High Enough and Stop in the Name of Love. And most of the public seems to think she sang Stoned Love too, or so Youtube etc. seems to show.

redlabs
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
you must be confused with the RTL tour where Lynda sang UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF and Scherrie did STONED LOVE. diana would never sing any of these songs,lol

marv2
11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
you must be confused with the RTL tour where Lynda sang UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF and Scherrie did STONED LOVE. diana would never sing any of these songs,lol

Lyrically and musically, I don't think she would be able to handle them in my opinion.

BayouMotownMan
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
It's funny because when Diana was in New Orleans in the early 90s, I was told she sang Up The Ladder, so it's not the first time I heard this.

smark21
11-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Well, for RTL, she certainly had charts written up for Up the Ladder and Stoned Love, but since then has she ever even pulled them out of her "trunk" and rehearsed them or soundcheck them?

Jimi LaLumia
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM
as the original lead of the group, I think it would be a stroke of genius to release a "DIANA ROSS SINGS "THE SUPREMES" album, with her takes on Up The Ladder, Let My Heart Do The Walking, Bad Weather, Nathan Jones, I Guess I'll Miss The Man, Stoned Love,etc it would garner worldwide press for her to pay tribute to the group's work after she left, and I'd pay top dollar to hear her take on this material...

reese
11-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Well, for RTL, she certainly had charts written up for Up the Ladder and Stoned Love, but since then has she ever even pulled them out of her "trunk" and rehearsed them or soundcheck them?

Or she might have just borrowed charts that Lynda and Scherrie already had, and had them fully orchestrated. That is, if the FLOs didn't already have orchestra arrangements. On the tapes I've seen, the RTL arrangements sounded similar to what the FLOs used. If they were totally new, Diana might have just given them to them for future gigs when RTL was over.

marv2
11-16-2011, 11:59 PM
as the original lead of the group, I think it would be a stroke of genius to release a "DIANA ROSS SINGS "THE SUPREMES" album, with her takes on Up The Ladder, Let My Heart Do The Walking, Bad Weather, Nathan Jones, I Guess I'll Miss The Man, Stoned Love,etc it would garner worldwide press for her to pay tribute to the group's work after she left, and I'd pay top dollar to hear her take on this material...

Yes it would garner Worldwide press just like a real reunion tour with Mary and Cindy would, but Ross' ego and lack of true business sense makes all this impossible.

jobeterob
11-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Read that as the house left that barn about 11 years ago and you can't even borrow money there any more let alone be called on for a concert date.

Jimi LaLumia
11-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, I think it would be an amazing album

Koach
11-26-2011, 06:45 PM
I would love that album as well! :D

blueskies
11-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I can't fathom she would want to or would. But, if she would record them, I'd buy it!

Jimi LaLumia
11-26-2011, 10:03 PM
when she does, remember who suggested it...lol..it would be FABULOUS

redlabs
11-26-2011, 11:06 PM
i have no doubt that she could sing anything as long as someone else is producing. she has done pop,soul,dance ,jazz and standards and usually very well.rarly has she failed us. but i think she did rerecord some of he rold songs with niles and her UK record company did not release them?

Jimi LaLumia
11-27-2011, 12:04 AM
well, visting supremes hits of the 70's after she left,and putting the Ross touch on tracks that would have been hers if the group had continued,would definately raise the eyes and ears of a good number of Motown-ites worldwide,as well as the general public in their 50's/60's who buy greatest hits packages and dvds