PDA

View Full Version : RIP Heavy D

test

Kraig Diesel
11-08-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/08/heavy-d-dead/#.Trms2vThfjw

timmyfunk
11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
This dude was only 44. This is beyond tragic. Total condolences goes out to his family.

stephanie
11-08-2011, 07:04 PM
A friend of mine just called me with this news and I looked up and down the net. I was a fan of Heavys and I love his songs!
I wonder if he had a heart attack I hope that he is resting in the Lord's arms. RIP Overweight Lover.
Steph

Roberta75
11-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Shocking news. How can this be true. He was only 44. Why? I am so upset.

May the good Lord love and protect him.

His Hits CD by Heavy D and The Boys is brilliant.

What a loss. What a terrible loss.

Roberta

reese
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Very sad. I just saw him this past weekend in the flim TOWER HEIST.

jtf1972
11-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Too young... RIP.

stephanie
11-08-2011, 08:06 PM
notification of his death has been upgraded. No final word but several sites are saying he died of respiratory issues the first one I saw state this was VIBE. I guess we wont know everything until later.

Rosie
11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
This is really sad. He lost weight in later years...looked like he was taking care of himself! I'm shocked. I was listening to "Long Distant Girlfriend" last week. He definitely was great for rap music but I also remember him as a good actor & a fun guy! Heavy was Class. He was a big man who did even bigger things! All this bad news is making me sad...
.http://s8.postimage.org/b8537fdu9/14147521.jpg [[http://postimage.org/image/b8537fdu9/)

paladin
11-08-2011, 08:41 PM
He was a big man who did even bigger things! All this bad news is making me sad...

I hear you Rosie, I couldn't bring myself to post this........it is extremely sad, as was Joe Fraizer, Norman Durham and all the rest......:[[

chidrummer
11-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Man, this is quite a shock. Way too early for this man to be leaving this earth. I wonder what happened? Condolences to his family and friends.

marv2
11-08-2011, 10:40 PM
I just saw it on the big screen at 7-Eleven! When I saw the thread and posting about the recent death of a member of the group Kleer, I immediately got this feeling that something else was coming very soon and it did! Darn! I loved Heavy D & the Boyz. He was a very talented guy. I called him one of the "last funtime, goodtime rappers". Well they say God knows best and we will have to accept what has happened. This is a tough one. Rest In Peace Heavy D.! Thanks for all the great music and memories.

Marv

marv2
11-08-2011, 10:43 PM
A friend of mine just called me with this news and I looked up and down the net. I was a fan of Heavys and I love his songs!
I wonder if he had a heart attack I hope that he is resting in the Lord's arms. RIP Overweight Lover.
Steph

Stephanie, I bet it had something to do with that because just a few mins ago as I was driving home from the store they were talking about this obesity epidemic on WBLS. I have to tie it into Heavy D's passing or they would not be talking about this subject this late in the evening. Yes may the Lord Bless & Keep him!

marv2
11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
This is really sad. He lost weight in later years...looked like he was taking care of himself! I'm shocked. I was listening to "Long Distant Girlfriend" last week. He definitely was great for rap music but I also remember him as a good actor & a fun guy! Heavy was Class. He was a big man who did even bigger things! All this bad news is making me sad...
.http://s8.postimage.org/b8537fdu9/14147521.jpg [[http://postimage.org/image/b8537fdu9/)

I was about to say that Rosie. I do recall that D lost a significant amount of weight in recent years. I remember when both Big Pun and Big Joe passed they were morbidly obese. I wouldn't doubt their situations had an effect on Heavy.

daddyacey
11-09-2011, 12:00 AM
This is too sad. R.I.P Heavy

splanky
11-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Damn, too soon indeed! I loved Heavy and always hoped he would get more and more
movie roles since I saw him in Cider House Rules with Erykah Badu. Feel the same way
about her and film, BTW. Anyway, marv, I think you meant to refer to Darren "The Human Beatbox" of The Fat Boys because Fat Joe is still with us. I see him off and on in the hood. I will only see Tower Heist when it's on dvd in the library because I can't stand Ben Stiller but hey, if it's one of Heavy's last appearances on film I want to check it out. RIP, Heavy...

Koach
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Rest in peace.

glencro
11-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Very sad and yes, waaayy too soon. Just one year younger than me. He brought great energy and fun to the hip hop game. Rest in peace.

ollie
11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
The Grim Reaper got no mercy the last couple of days.
R.I.P. D

marv2
11-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Damn, too soon indeed! I loved Heavy and always hoped he would get more and more
movie roles since I saw him in Cider House Rules with Erykah Badu. Feel the same way
about her and film, BTW. Anyway, marv, I think you meant to refer to Darren "The Human Beatbox" of The Fat Boys because Fat Joe is still with us. I see him off and on in the hood. I will only see Tower Heist when it's on dvd in the library because I can't stand Ben Stiller but hey, if it's one of Heavy's last appearances on film I want to check it out. RIP, Heavy...

Thank you Splanky that's what I meant. I was a bit excited last night when I was posting. All of these guys were so very young.

KevLo
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi This is Kev-Lo

R.I.P. Heavy D.