PDA

View Full Version : Bank Of Shamerica

test

pshark
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5E0WNO7e_Q

bankhousedave
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
This is how it begins, Pshark. That made me feel the best I felt this week. Let honest, human, caring people like this brave lady stand up and stick it to the low lifes, shits, parasites and loonies who are screwing us so royally in the name of mammon and meaningless IOUs. The BOA is no better or worse than most banking institutions, though it may be larger and louder. Let's hear it for this girl.

bankhousedave
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I thought you might be interested in a couple of my recent communications with Lloyds TSB, the UK bank that had to be rescued by the government [[an institution in need of rescue itself), a little while ago:

This to my 'relationship manager'?:

Dear Mr Dack:

It cannot be easy to labour under a meaningless job title for an organisation whose existence depends upon parasiting on others, but I find it hard to determine why you should have chosen me as the outlet for your understandable frustrations.

My account may operate in rather a small way by comparison to some, but you have surely used every opportunity to make it as profitable to yourselves as possible, while never, as far as I can see, having provided anything beyond a grudging basic service to me.

Despite previous experience, I opened this business account with Lloyd’s from geographic convenience – I lived adjacent to the Lydd branch. Over the years since, we established a good relationship with all the local staff of the bank, often acting as unpaid caretakers during its frequent closures.

As part of Lloyd’s commitment to its customers, it was then closed for good; the staff removed to some kind of brainwashing academy where they were all taught to say: ‘Is there anything else I can do for you today?’ in an insincere, robotic manner, even to people they knew, before being transferred to New Romney.

Ignorance of its core purpose, robotisation of its staff, and distancing itself ever more from its customers in the name of ‘service’, it came at last to a point where dodgy speculation, usury and incompetence brought it to its knees, with a loss of unimaginable amounts of money, and still more wasted on arrogant managerial blunderers, causing it to be rescued by the very customers it has so long patronised, insulted and bled.

But this was not to be its greatest catastrophe. That happened when my small business account went £7.17 overdrawn That’s seven pounds and seventeen pence.

Without ceremony, or the common decency of communication, my card was blocked, so that when I went to the machine in the Spar shop [[the busy and useful Lloyd’s cashtill is no more) to check the balance and see how much I needed to pay in, I could not do so.

Once more, there was nothing else for it but to submit myself to the long haul of reaching an intelligence via the telephone. Finally, after repeating numbers and information ad nauseam, I was told that I must tell all this again to a ‘relationship manager’ – not yourself, but someone called Kayley.

The putting through involved a farce of phoney camaraderie a la BBC News – another product of the brainwashing academy, one supposes.

Young Kayley clearly had my best interests at heart and had apparently put the block on me to save me from myself. Without her experience, foresight and swiftly-applied relationship management, I was clearly in danger of going eight pounds overdrawn and bringing the whole edifice down for the second time in as many years.

I attempted to convey to her, in the politest possible terms, how much I appreciated not only her assistance, but the manner in which it had been delivered. I also congratulated her on the fact that she had made it impossible for me to pay any money in.

‘Can’t you pay some cash in at the branch?’ was her witty riposte.

Grasping the irony of this, she then noted that there was more than enough money to cover the overdraft in my other Lloyd’s account. I said she could transfer it if she wished – but if she took off the stupid and unjustifiable block, I could transfer money direct and get vital access to it myself.

She announced that she had removed the block, and I set off to the Spar shop to complete the transaction.

Lo and behold – no surprises really – the block had not been removed. I figured it was something that took a little time to filter through [[like customers’ money), but no. It still had not been unblocked when she went home for the weekend.

Thanks again.

Now, after having had to run the telephone marathon a second time, and having some of the money I could not now get access to because it had gone into the blocked account transferred again to my other Lloyd’s account – with me so far? – I receive a threatening letter from yourself on the subject of the same £7.17, and the dire consequences that will ensue if I continue to contribute to the bank’s profits.

You ask me to get in touch with you urgently [[have you ever tried?). This is the best I can do. I shall make arrangements to close this account as soon as possible to save you the trouble.

In the meantime, thank you for the overcharging, the unilateral changes to our initial agreement, the ever more pointless ‘security’ processes and the patronising communications.

I wish you and Kayley a nice life, and hope things don’t go too badly for you the next time Lloyd’s collapses.

Sincerely,

pshark
11-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Give 'em hell Dave!

ralpht
11-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I can only shake my head, Dave old friend. I think we have all had somewhat similar experiences. By the grace of Providence, I suppose, we haven't climbed some tower with a deer rifle.

tamla617
11-09-2011, 05:13 PM
great letter dave.made me laugh,not your situation i might add.

roger
11-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Banks are indeed strange animals ..

My bank has recently started charging interest on my [[agreed) overdraft.

Today I got a letter from them saying the charge for this month is 21p [[about 35 cents in US money). Two months back I got a letter telling me that month's charge was 13p. Last month was about 25p.

It will be costing them more to send the letters than the charge they are taking off me .. :)

Roger

ollie
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
The Girl Is Cool !