PDA

View Full Version : The Wiz says..The Ultimate color is BLU

test

skooldem1
08-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Universal has officially announced plans to bring the 1978 musical “The Wiz” starring Diana Ross as well as the late Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson to Blu-ray Disc on November 30th. Tech specs include full 1080p Hi-Def video and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound on a BD-50 [[50 gigabyte dual-layered Blu-ray Disc). The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon but stay tuned and we’ll keep you updated. The bonus materials set to be included here sadly are slim and only includes a featurette titled “Wiz on Down the Road“.

http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=50811

paladin
08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
The bonus materials set to be included here sadly are slim and only includes a featurette titled “Wiz on Down the Road“.

Skooldem, this is really getting funny.......I know you didn't write the title but the imagery is ridiculous......excuse me, I gotta go to the bathroom.....

sophisticated_soul
08-25-2010, 08:24 PM
It's not my favorite Diana Ross movie, but it should look, and especially sound, really great on Blu-ray. Time to update the collection. Thanks for the info.

sophisticated_soul
08-25-2010, 08:29 PM
"Wiz on Down the Road" was also the featurette included on the "30th Anniversay Edition of The Wiz" DVD.

nomis
08-25-2010, 09:34 PM
With Dianas personal affection for the movie I dont think it would have been too hard to get her to do a commentary feature - a wasted oppurtunity....

captainjames
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I got a feeling the WIZ is going to be around for a long time. Although, I couldm't stop laughing the first time I saw this movie it seems to be the first of the Ross movies to break through the door. Well, with a cast of Lena Horne, Ted Ross, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell, Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson I guess its just fun to watch with all the legends on board.

nomis
08-26-2010, 12:46 PM
You know Ive never seen it - it wasnt really around in the 80s when i grew up,certainly not on video in my town..never got around to seeing it...

uptight
08-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Great name for this thread, LOL. They'd better put some bonus stuff on this disc..! Send me to Miss Ross' house, and I will set up the recording for the audio commentary!!! Besides the director, she's the only one around who can say something important about the film. And I can edit a new video documentary, too!