PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes on Tarzan full episode- The Convert

test

stephanie
11-06-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6lpurPsSAw&feature=related

What is amazing to me about this is Diana Ross is a good actress we all know but Mary and Cindy IMO are more convincing in this as nuns. For fans the best part is hearing all of them singing together and the harmonies and if you listen closely Mary Wilson really carries them. I love hearing Cindys soprano when they are on the board. Pt 2 is on youtube as well.

kenneth
11-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Quite a find! Thanks!

longtimefan
01-02-2014, 01:55 AM
I am looking for a site that displays a couple of the pictures [[in color) of Diana, Mary and Cindy together with Ron Ely [[Tarzan) all wearing casual clothes at Expo 67. Help, anyone? Thanks in advance!

BayouMotownMan
01-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Their harmonies were great, but Mary really took her part in the canoe seriously and was louder than Ross. Mary did well with the few lines she had but Cindy, who had only been in the group a few weeks, only had about three lines so it's hard to know how effective an actress she might have been. I remember one of the gossip columns said that BG was so impressed with Diana and Mary's acting prowess that he was seeking other opportunities for them. Well, half of that worked out

antceleb12
01-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Speaking of which: does anyone have copies of the two songs they performed? Beautiful harmonies, but I can't find the video or audio of it anywhere.

smark21
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
In JMC's Flip Wilson skits, I thought Cindy was most at ease with her lines and performance.

rod_rick
01-03-2014, 03:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6lpurPsSAw&feature=related

What is amazing to me about this is Diana Ross is a good actress we all know but Mary and Cindy IMO are more convincing in this as nuns. For fans the best part is hearing all of them singing together and the harmonies and if you listen closely Mary Wilson really carries them. I love hearing Cindys soprano when they are on the board. Pt 2 is on youtube as well.

The Tarzan episode really show the nice harmonies of Diana, Mary & Cindy and dispel the Cindy soft second soprano myth. It just show that when Cindy in miked correctly she shines in the background.

longtimefan
01-03-2014, 06:20 AM
I am still searching for the picture of The Supremes and Ron Ely at a Expo 67 [[above). Help! ��