PDA

View Full Version : Motown and I-Tunes

test

RossHolloway
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't know if this has ever been covered on this board or the old board, but I stumbled across some of these awesome releases on I-Tunes today. And kinda wonder what UM's plans are for further release via I-Tunes of some classic albums.

The Spinners - Second Time Around [[1970)

The Originals - Baby, I'm For Real [[1969)

Eddie Holland - Eddie Holland

Marvin Gaye - Soulful Moods of Marvin Gaye

The Temptations - Live [[1967)

The Four Tops - Live [[1966)
The Four Tops - Still Water [[1970)

Edwin Starr - Soul Master [[1968)
Edwin Starr - 25 Miles [[1969)
Edwin Starr - War and Peace [[1970)
Edwin Starr - Involved [[1971)

Jimmy Ruffin - Sings Top Ten [[1967)

Plus the original Lost and Found Sets from The Miracles, The Four Tops, The Temptations and Marvin Gaye [[extended set 26 songs). I really hope this is a trend.

drlorne
08-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow! Thanks for the Heads Up. I bought the Eddie Holland album --31 tracks for 5.99. Also the 4 tops at the Roostertail.

Thanks again.

Lorne

vcq
08-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Also, Stevie Wonder's excellent [[and out-of-print) I Was Made To Love Her album from 1967 is available for $11.98 and as individual 99-cent downloads [[if memory serves, it was originally available only as part of the massive Complete Stevie Wonder Collection for $189). The whole album is fantastic, featuring covers of Ray Charles [["I'm A Fool For You"), Otis Redding [["Respect"), Temptations [["My Girl"), Marvin Gaye [["Can I Get A Witness," "Baby Don't You Do It"), Bobby "Blue" Bland [["I Pity the Fool") and James Brown [["Please, Please, Please"). I wrote Harry earlier this year and he said it's quite likely that an expanded reissue would be forthcoming from Motown.

RossHolloway
08-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I didn't know that the Eddie Holland cd was an expanded edition, I thought it was just the original lp with 12 cuts on it. But 31 tracks for $6 is a heck of a good deal. I guess that will be next in my I Pod.