PDA

View Full Version : Former Heavy Weight Champ Joe Fraizer Serious Condition !!!

test

paladin
11-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Sadly, It was just reported on ESPN that former World Heavyweight Champion Joe Frazier is seriously ill from liver cancer. He is not expected to live long.

marv2
11-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Darn! This is not good news. I pray Smokin' Joe beats this one. I also pray for strength for his family. Thanks Paladin.

Marv

Laurel
11-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I've never cared for boxing. Men beating each other up for sport doesn't sit well for me. But I'm sorry to hear this news. I pray he'll get well.

pshark
11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I hate to hear this, he helped take boxing to a new level

honest man
11-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Don't forget Joe also recorded on Motown,LEGEND.

splanky
11-06-2011, 09:27 AM
I understand your position, Laurel, but I think it goes back to the fact that man, at basic level is animal as much as any
other primate. At least boxing is better regulated than what people used to do to themselves and each other hundreds of years ago. Anyway, though I always rooted for Ali I've always had a lot of love and respect for Joe Frazier and was really
saddened to hear this. I wish the best for him...

paladin
11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
I understand your position, Laurel, but I think it goes back to the fact that man, at basic level is animal as much as any
other primate. At least boxing is better regulated than what people used to do to themselves and each other hundreds of years ago. Anyway, though I always rooted for Ali I've always had a lot of love and respect for Joe Frazier and was really

I understand her pov as well Splank, conversely I think that the new MMA fights are horriffic..........

splanky
11-06-2011, 12:54 PM
kdubya said:

conversely I think that the new MMA fights are horriffic..........

No frigging kidding! Backward evolution specials. Man's descent to beast. I can't watch those...

paladin
11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Backward evolution is right, at least we know that the maiming and BS that is Championship Rasslin' is phony, these MMA dudes are out to seriously hurt each other, its only a matter of time before someone dies if they haven't already........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Roberta75
11-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I've never cared for boxing. Men beating each other up for sport doesn't sit well for me. But I'm sorry to hear this news. I pray he'll get well.

I'm with you Laurel it seems barbaric to me to watch two men beating one another in the face until they are cut bruised and bloody. You couldn't pay me to watch boxing but Mr. Frazier was a favorite of my late father so I'll add him to my prayers and ask the good Lord to watch over him.

Roberta

nosey
11-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Wow, I just talked to his niece who works with me. Tonight they are asking for prayers @ 9:00p tonight, Monday! I saw his daughter Jackie @ two weeks ago and to look at her you would have never thought that she was going through. She is the most pleasant person you would ever want to meet. Let's all pray for Joe!

marv2
11-08-2011, 12:04 PM

Also many forget or just do not know that there was a time in this country, America where there were very, very limited opportunites for a Black man and men of other ethnic groups from poorer backgrounds to become wealthy and provide for their families. Those with a talent for boxing and the drive to be the best became World Famous through most of the 20th Century. Joe Frazier was one of them! Joe, like many of those Champion fighters did more to help less fortunate people than any of those "fabulous" pop singers some worship!