PDA

View Full Version : A cut and paste job.....re: Flo

test

marybrewster
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I hate hate hate when I see people cut and paste and post "In another forum....." but I am curious what you all think about the following:

For those of you with Facebook, this was a status update from Maxine Ballard, yesterday:

Florence Ballard didn't die from alcohol, nor did she die in poverty. Go to maxineballard.com, purchase book, and read partial autopsy report.
I believe my sister was murdered!

And today:

I recently made comments concerning my sister Flo. My mom and I had this discussion long before my book. These comments has nothing to do with Mary Wilson, Diana Ross, or Berry Gordy. Mary Wilson, and Diana Ross are like family. Read the Book!

Thoughts?

daviddh
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
read the book but got nothing new.....and i dont get this.

pj1
08-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Perhaps it's as simple as this.....If you were an author and book sales did not approach the volume you had expected, you might understand a likely reason for Maxine's enticingly curious postings.

smark21
08-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Her book was a POS and even if it was any good, it was overpriced. It was being sold at $60 a pop, she probably has a lot of books still in her house that she would like to unload.

MissLish
08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Why so much angst about cutting and pasting marybrewster?

nomis
08-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Just On the Flo subject - I re read Peter Benjaminsons book the other night,after reading this and Ribowskys account [[and Turners and Taraborellis) They dont even mention Flos Tv apperances after leaving The Supremes didnt she sing on Teen town or some other detroit show? plus she was interviewed on Lou Gordon Show - you would think some details from these apperances would be mentioned - I mean here is Flo striking out on her own on tv and no author mentions them...

topdiva1
09-01-2010, 03:15 PM
I saw Tony Turner do an interview, in tears, years ago where he stated passionately that he KNEW Flo Ballard had been murdered, and by who. And that Flo's death had nothing at all to do with Motown, or any of it's stars. Turner stated that his publisher and their attorneys would not print that part of the story. So it seems that years and years later - Turner turns out to be in complete agreement with Maxine Ballard, Flo's sister, about the ALWAYS suspicious death of Florence Ballard, of THE SUPREMES.

jonc
09-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I saw Tony Turner do an interview, in tears, years ago where he stated passionately that he KNEW Flo Ballard had been murdered, and by who. And that Flo's death had nothing at all to do with Motown, or any of it's stars. Turner stated that his publisher and their attorneys would not print that part of the story. So it seems that years and years later - Turner turns out to be in complete agreement with Maxine Ballard, Flo's sister, about the ALWAYS suspicious death of Florence Ballard, of THE SUPREMES.

How lovely to have you and Tony Turner back on the forum.

topdiva1
09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks - but seriously - just what are Maxine Ballard and Tony Turner eluding too, after all of these years, claiming that they both believe, and or know that Flo Ballard was murdered.

nomis
09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Is this the same Tony Turner who wrote " Oh My God Tommys been SHOT!".....err no hes quitely working as a bus driver...yet one of many Falsehoods in the sistas books.....

carlo
09-01-2010, 10:18 PM
True, true Nomis. For years, I had thought that Tommy was murdered, when really, that wasn't the case at all.

jillfoster
09-01-2010, 11:40 PM
You mean tommy chapman isn't dead?

topdiva1
09-02-2010, 08:33 AM
TOMMY CHAPMAN WAS KILLED IN THE 80's - shot dead - MURDERED!!! MAry has it ALSO in her book - as does Turner.

jonc
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
TOMMY CHAPMAN WAS KILLED IN THE 80's - shot dead - MURDERED!!! MAry has it ALSO in her book - as does Turner.

Are you absolutely sure about this? I've heard Tommy Chapman is being secretly sequestered somewhere in the hills of Barcelona with the help of the Viscountess Turner and her titled husband.

topdiva1
09-02-2010, 05:28 PM
It is simply just in bad taste to use the dead [[TOMMY CHAPMAN) for your own bitter jokes. I do not think that the Ballard Sisters would find your comments the least bit entertaining - you remain in your post too ridiculous.

And I am just as bad for responding to your stupid attempts at humor.

jonc
09-02-2010, 06:12 PM
It is simply just in bad taste to use the dead [[TOMMY CHAPMAN) for your own bitter jokes. I do not think that the Ballard Sisters would find your comments the least bit entertaining - you remain in your post too ridiculous. .

That's rich coming from the person wrote a not too favorable book on their mother and her two former singing partners.

jillfoster
09-02-2010, 06:22 PM
That's rich coming from the person wrote a not too favorable book on their mother and her two former singing partners.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that two wrongs don't make a right?

topdiva1
09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
You are so correct Jonc - It is rich, my dear, in fact did not Tony Turner [[the one you seemingly despise, who I am not) have a chapter in his Temptations book called - SEND IN THE CLOWNS - well. I can hear their clucks from here!!!!

jonc
09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
You are so correct Jonc - It is rich, my dear, in fact did not Tony Turner [[the one you seemingly despise, who I am not) have a chapter in his Temptations book called - SEND IN THE CLOWNS - well. I can hear their clucks from here!!!!

I neither like nor loathe the Viscountess Turner my darling however your constant and vigorous defense of yourself, I mean Tony Turner is a source oh high camp and great amusement to many on this forum.

topdiva1
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Let's skip over theTony Turner drama please and FOCUS on this thread - WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE FLORENCE BALLARD MURDER THEORY. Coming from her sister this is a powerful statement. Has Maxine talked more about her statement and feelings.

jonc
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Let's skip over theTony Turner drama please and FOCUS on this thread - WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE FLORENCE BALLARD MURDER THEORY. Coming from her sister this is a powerful statement. Has Maxine talked more about her statement and feelings.

You're the one that keeps bringing Tony Turner into every thread TOPDIVA. Not I.

Maxine is trying to hawk that appalling book she wrote a few years ago and will say anything to move copies. I don't believe for a moment that Florence was murdered.

jillfoster
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Topdiva, that was a strong statement from Maxine. I've not seen the book, so I don't know if it REALLY has nothing new to say, or people are just poo-pooing it because Rick Beuche came here and tried to discredit her. Lots of Flo's fans follow him like he'd some freaking pied piper or something, when there are things he's said on many occasions that I KNOW are dead wrong. Considering the price of the book, it's not worth it to me, I'd love to hear Benjaminson's complete interview tapes, though.

jonc
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Topdiva, that was a strong statement from Maxine. I've not seen the book, so I don't know if it REALLY has nothing new to say, or people are just poo-pooing it because Rick Beuche came here and tried to discredit her. Lots of Flo's fans follow him like he'd some freaking pied piper or something, when there are things he's said on many occasions that I KNOW are dead wrong. Considering the price of the book, it's not worth it to me, I'd love to hear Benjaminson's complete interview tapes, though.

Well i actually read Maxine's book and it was badly written and for the most part in poor taste. She shed absolutely no light on the Supremes or Flo for that matter, but bloviated on and on about the lack of Kotex during her menstrual cycle and her father wiping his ass with a five dollar bill. I kid you not.

Thankfully I didn't blow $65 on her crap but managed to read a friends copy.

jillfoster
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Her father wiping his ass with a 5 dollar bill? Seriously? which book was it that revealed the name of Flo's rapist? There was controversy about that, I say TELL IT.

reese
09-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I re-read Maxine's book a week or so ago. And I must agree with Jonc that the book is a rambling mess.

The name of Flo's alleged rapist was revealed in Peter Benjaminson's book.

topdiva1
09-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Well now, it seems from the about post that Ms. Maxine did get off into areas of extremely bad taste and too much information. - I myself did not read Maxine's book - mainly because of the wild and crazy price - I would not have expected Maxine to know much about the inner workings of The Supremes and or her sister Florence Ballard when she was in The Supremes. I thought perhaps Maxine would have some insight as to what happened to Flo after she was ousted from The Supremes.

I have read that Flo was extremely generous to her family - and spent a good deal of her hard earned money on them - but they were a greedy bunch - who sucked her dry. As to Flo's rape, it is said to have been possibly a name that we all know. As to her "MAYBE MURDER", who knows.

jillfoster
09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Well now, it seems from the about post that Ms. Maxine did get off into areas of extremely bad taste and too much information. - I myself did not read Maxine's book - mainly because of the wild and crazy price - I would not have expected Maxine to know much about the inner workings of The Supremes and or her sister Florence Ballard when she was in The Supremes. I thought perhaps Maxine would have some insight as to what happened to Flo after she was ousted from The Supremes.

I have read that Flo was extremely generous to her family - and spent a good deal of her hard earned money on them - but they were a greedy bunch - who sucked her dry. As to Flo's rape, it is said to have been possibly a name that we all know. As to her "MAYBE MURDER", who knows.

Topdiva.. I heard someone say that it was someone who played with the Detorit Pistons, can't remember what the guy's name was, though. Reese... there's no "alleged" about it, the guy was convicted, and it's a matter of public record. That's why I totally had no problem with the name of the person being revealed. Mary should have done it. Benjaminson said that places in Flo's tapes where she talks about people that are still alive, he can't release, because of lawsuits. Please. I would have thought that the words from a woman's mouth who's no longer with us would be bullet proof. What are thye gonna do? Sue her estate? Whoever it is, wouldn't DARE.

reese
09-03-2010, 02:56 PM
From reading the various books, I never quite knew what happened to Flo's rapist.

Mary wrote that Flo testified against him in court, and he was sent to prison.

Maxine wrote that he was never punished, except for a brutal beating by Flo's brothers.

Peter wrote that he was charged in a similar crime against someone else.

marv2
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I recall the night the news [[WJBK Channel 2 Detroit) announced on it's sign off editoin that Former Supreme Florence Ballard passed away earlier in the evening at Mount Carmel Hospital of Cardiac Arrest at the age of 32. It was late, a Sunday night. My brother and I just looked at each other and didn't say a word. We turned the television off and went to bed. We had school the next morning. It was talked about all over school that Monday. It just seemed extremely strange considering that almost exactly a year prior Florence resurfaced in the national headlines as being on welfare. She made the cover story of Jet.

marv2
09-03-2010, 05:13 PM
It was Reggie Harding who did it. He raped Flo. People that knew him said he had a bad attitude most of the time.

marv2
09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Here he is. This was Reggie Harding.....

topdiva1
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know if Reggie Harding is still alive?

marv2
09-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Reggie's dead. He got killed in 1972.

nomis
09-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Didnt Flos autopsy say she died of a blood clot? i really dont think anything sinister took place..but the thing that strikes me about Flos passing was how young she was..thats the tragic thing she wasnt that old at all...so sad..

marv2
09-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I believe that is what the autopsy concluded. When it first happened all the local news channels and newspapers said it was cardiac arrest. I thought it strange that when she was found lying on the floor unable to move she was speaking in a slow, mechanical sounding voice. I don't know if she was poisoned or not.

nomis
09-04-2010, 12:55 AM
sounds like some sort of stroke in there as well....

marv2
09-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't know but it was said that earlier that day or not long before her death she complained of feeling "hot" inside and started drinking large amounts of water. Keep in mind that she was just 32 years old.....

nomis
09-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Yes and the day she died she was eating ice cubes because she felt so hot...

marv2
09-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Doesn't that sound a bit strange?

nomis
09-04-2010, 05:26 AM
it does Marv..I can only speculate that she was one of those people who didnt let on when their body was giving her warning signals..some people are like that and she had her hands full with the kids..mothers with children that age dont have much time to think about themselves..we will never know maybe all those diet pills thinned her blood so much..

smark21
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Let's pretend to take Maxine's allegation seriously and let's play a game of Clue. Who do you think may have murdered Flo?

marv2
09-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Ohhh, I don't know if we should do that smark21.

topdiva1
09-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Tony Turner has his theory or answer - I will ask him in the interview I hope to get. I just wonder if Maxine and Tony will finger the same person.