PDA

View Full Version : Supremes - Playlist Plus

test

ron
10-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Mention has been made previously that this compilation has a number of different versions to those released on other collections.

You've been so wonderful to me - is the 3 mins 19 seconds full version
You keep me hangin' on - is the louder backing vocal version
Going down for the third time - sounds like a different mix to me. Is this correct?

Does anybody know of any other differences?

JohnnyB
10-30-2011, 10:09 AM
This Old Heart Of Mine is an alternate vocal and Honey Bee is a completely different production on Playlist Plus.

JohnnyB
10-31-2011, 10:36 PM
After responding to this thread I gave Playlist Plus another spin. The set also includes the extended mixes of Love Is Like An Itching and Everything Is Good About You, and an alternate vocal of Take Me Where You Go. A good collection.

thommg
10-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Everything Is Good About You is a forgotten gem from The Supremes. I just love that song.

Roberta75
10-31-2011, 11:05 PM
I love their version of Heaven Must Have Sent You. Is this on the new CD?

Thank you.

Roberta

JohnnyB
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Yes, Everything is awesome! Roberta, Heaven Must Have is not on Playlist Plus or either of the two new releases. I believe it is only on the Supremes box set and the 25th Anniversary CD.

Roberta75
11-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, Everything is awesome! Roberta, Heaven Must Have is not on Playlist Plus or either of the two new releases. I believe it is only on the Supremes box set and the 25th Anniversary CD.

Thank you JohnnyB.

Best to you.

Roberta

ron
11-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for your feedback JohnnyB, which encourages me to ask the following question......
Was the inclusion of different versions a trait of the Playlist Plus series? For instance, does the Marvin Gaye set have any alternates? I'd be surprised if this just applied to the Supremes set.
Ron

JohnnyB
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Ron, good question but I don't have an answer. I hadn't heard that alternates were included when I bought the Supremes' playlist; I don't believe it was mentioned in promotions. I was pleasantly suprised. I don't have other artists' playlist CD's. Maybe another member can answer?

George Solomon
11-04-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the rarities are exclusive to The Supremes, though not 100 percent. Playlist was one of those Universal projects that was going to happen anyway with the familiar material. I believe Harry gave Andy a crack at The Supremes CD before it was mastered and we decided, since some fans like to collect everything we might as well slip some goodies on there. We also used the original stereo mix of "No Matter What Sign You Are". I think it's the only CD that includes the "It's Happening" mix of this song, though it's been mistakenly listed on other collections. I don't understand why this mix didn't make it to the original "Let The Sunshine In" LP or any compilation that followed...It's a really good stereo mix. Different from the version that came out in the UK.

thommg
11-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I'll have to get this compilation now! I got a few of the 20th Century Masters cd's as well because they have different mixes on them. I remember the Marvelettes had a rare mix on it and The Supremes had the tambourine intro on Someday. I guess we'll never know what gets slipped into some of the "greatest hits" cd's!

ejluther
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
We also used the original stereo mix of "No Matter What Sign You Are". I think it's the only CD that includes the "It's Happening" mix of this song, though it's been mistakenly listed on other collections.
So does that mean the version that's on the Box Set is NOT the mix from the "It's Happening" LP? If not, which mix is it? Just the "normal" stereo one? Thanks again for all the info...

jobeterob
11-23-2011, 05:51 PM
And George just sold a few more CDs for Universal! He deserves a bonus.

soulster
11-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Mention has been made previously that this compilation has a number of different versions to those released on other collections.
You keep me hangin' on - is the louder backing vocal version

Someone sure likes this mix. It keeps showing up on comps. I can take it or leave it.

ejluther
11-24-2011, 10:20 AM
So, from what I gather, these are the unique tracks on PLAYLIST PLUS:

Beach Ball [[mono mix)

Take Me Where You Go [alternate vocal]

Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart [extended mix]

Everything Is Good About You [extended mix]

This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You) [alternate vocal]

Going Down For The Third Time [alternate mix]

You Keep Me Hangin' On [alternate mix]

You've Been So Wonderful To Me [full version]

Honey Bee [[Keep On Stinging Me) [version 1]

No Matter What Sign You Are [original stereo mix]

Is that correct? And have I missed anything?Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all...

redlabs
11-24-2011, 11:13 AM
is there a Diana PLAYLIST? are the songs alternates on this cd as well?

carlo
11-24-2011, 01:04 PM
My copy of the Supremes playlist plus arrived this week and I need to return it because the digi-pack arrived all crumpled. Shantel Baker strikes again! :[[

There was a release called "Diana Ross: Playlist Your Way". It only had 12 songs on it. The usual solo hits.

ron
11-24-2011, 07:15 PM
So, from what I gather, these are the unique tracks on PLAYLIST PLUS:

Beach Ball [[mono mix)

Take Me Where You Go [alternate vocal]

Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart [extended mix]

Everything Is Good About You [extended mix]

This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You) [alternate vocal]

Going Down For The Third Time [alternate mix]

You Keep Me Hangin' On [alternate mix]

You've Been So Wonderful To Me [full version]

Honey Bee [[Keep On Stinging Me) [version 1]

No Matter What Sign You Are [original stereo mix]

Is that correct? And have I missed anything?Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all...

That's the same as I understand the alternates to be...