PDA

View Full Version : Miracles get a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

test

stephanie
10-29-2011, 07:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzrtGhh3qj0&feature=related

I dont know how i missed this if this has already been posted forgive me. Interesting how Mary Wilson and Stevie are front and center. I enjoyed this because other than Motown 25 its the first time I have seen Smokey and Claudette this close in public.

arrr&bee
10-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Nice to see members of the motown family come together,claudette is stunning.

paladin
10-29-2011, 09:58 PM
At 2:16 you can see Billy Griffin on far left...........

juicefree20
10-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Claudette is absolutely wonderful & this is a most-deserved honor for The Miracles whom are a group whom I don't believe receives the respect that they deserve.

marv2
10-30-2011, 12:37 AM
That was one memorable moment. Lots of still photos were published/loaded on various internet sites. This is the first time I am seeing video of the ceremony however. The Miracles were one of the great Amercian Vocal groups. A bunch of kids from Detroit that went on to become music icons! They are one of those groups that I cannot image what it would have been like without them. We talk about movies many times, their story would make an excellent film!

Claudette Robinson is one spectacular woman! Full of beauty, talent and character!!!

marv2
10-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Claudette is absolutely wonderful & this is a most-deserved honor for The Miracles whom are a group whom I don't believe receives the respect that they deserve.

Mailbox is full.

Motown Eddie
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzrtGhh3qj0&feature=related

I dont know how i missed this if this has already been posted forgive me. Interesting how Mary Wilson and Stevie are front and center. I enjoyed this because other than Motown 25 its the first time I have seen Smokey and Claudette this close in public.

Thanks so much for posting this. I didn't know that The Miracles received a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame before seeing this piece. And it's great to see everyone in the clip [[and yes, it's the first time I've Smokey & Claudette this close since Motown 25).

tomato tom
10-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Great to see!

kenneth
10-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Great video. Claudette is gorgeous. I wonder why Smokey felt compelled to say the star was long over due...I mean that's true, but he could have been gracious about it. Oh well.

juicefree20
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Marv,

My box is as empty as a wino's pockets on a Saturday at 3 a.m.

marv2
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Marv,

My box is as empty as a wino's pockets on a Saturday at 3 a.m.

Well ok then.......hehehehehehe!

1382hitsville
10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Good to see this video, thanks for posting this!

I've written it before...the youngsters in Motown had an increadable experience, back in the day. A lot of work, a lot of pressure. In the end of the day it caused some conflict. But they remain a family. Nice to see Smokey, Berry and Mary.

Motown is a family, but unlike other families, they could not keep all the nasty things indoor...

Let's celebrate and be thankful for all they gave us.

I am!

paladin
10-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Great video. Claudette is gorgeous. I wonder why Smokey felt compelled to say the star was long over due...I mean that's true, but he could have been gracious about it. Oh well.

I think Smokey was referring to the fact that "he" received most of the accolades and awards as a single performer and the Miracles were always left out.

marv2
11-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I think Smokey was referring to the fact that "he" received most of the accolades and awards as a single performer and the Miracles were always left out.

I also believe Smokey has his own Walk of Fame Star as a solo artist. I will have to check.

marv2
11-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Smokey was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.....solo! The Miracles as a group have still not been inducted. He does not have his own Walk of Fame Star.

candykamaine
11-01-2011, 04:32 AM
^^ That I have never understood about the R&R hall of fame. Smokey's in there for his solo work but The Miracles are not in there. And a few other motown bands are'nt in there that should be in there.

That's kinda messed up to me. :[[

Motown Eddie
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
^^ That I have never understood about the R&R hall of fame. Smokey's in there for his solo work but The Miracles are not in there. And a few other motown bands are'nt in there that should be in there.

That's kinda messed up to me. :[[

Yes indeed it's messed up. And if you think about all the acts that should've been inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, it'll make your head spin.

Roberta75
11-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Smokey was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.....solo! The Miracles as a group have still not been inducted. He does not have his own Walk of Fame Star.

Yes he does. Smokey has had his own Hollywood Walk of Fame Star since 1983.

Diana Ross got her Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 1982 and Smokey got his in 1983. Marvin Gaye got his in 1990 and Stevie Wonder received his in 1994 as did the Supremes.

marv2
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes he does. Smokey has had his own Hollywood Walk of Fame Star since 1983.

Diana Ross got her Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 1982 and Smokey got his in 1983. Marvin Gaye got his in 1990 and Stevie Wonder received his in 1994 as did the Supremes.

Wonderful. I was not sure if Smokey had an individual star or not. Thanks.