PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Oct 25, 9P-12M ET: My Birthday Show....and I'M GRATEFUL!

test

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 09:23 AM

"Songs of Faith, Hope and Inspiration"

Howdy, folks! Well...it's my birthday very soon...sooner than I care to think. And I am grateful to all of you for the time you have spent listening to "Nightflight"...whether you have been listening to the show for 2 weeks or for thirteen years...I'm most appreciative.

It's been a rough couple of years for me, in the scheme of my life. Lord knows that others have had it much harder than I...and my heart goes out to all...who have struggled with health issues, professional adversity, financial loss, the loss of loved ones...a number of those folks are SDF members. And as we live through our loss, and the change that we dread or for which we pray, it's so private...so personal. Well...my prayers...more prayers than I have imagined I could muster [[and I know HE was up there saying "awwww...mannnnn....YOU AGAIN?")...these prayers were regarded...and answered...in HIS time and not mine. The changes that occured in my life were not at all what I hoped for. But they worked out for me...allowing my life to settle back into something that I can not only live with, but that I can enjoy...and I am grateful...

With this birthday almost here...and birthdays being sort of markers for one's life, I wanted to do this show tonight to share music that has helped me get through not only this rough patch, but those bumps in the road that have happened throughout the journey.

Tonight's show...."Songs of Faith, Hope and Inspiration" doesn't have anything to do with religion. It does have to do with songs that touch on those elements of our spirits that keep us going through our most difficult times. You'll hear Motown, R&B and other artists with songs of inspiration that you know...and may not know...

So, do join me tonight...as I express my gratitude...to HIM....AND to you...for giving to me what I needed....
on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming on the internet worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)

Thanks so very much!
John

carlo
10-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Happy Birthday Midnight Johnny! :) Sounds like a great show. I have class again tonight, but hopefully I will be able to tune in for a bit. Have a great day!

RossHolloway
10-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Happy Birthday Midnight. Keep your head up and keep moving forward man.

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Happy Birthday Midnight Johnny! :) Sounds like a great show. I have class again tonight, but hopefully I will be able to tune in for a bit. Have a great day!

Thank you, Carlo! I'll look forward to seeing you whenever you join us!

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Happy Birthday Midnight. Keep your head up and keep moving forward man.

RossHolloway...thanks so much....as New York City said..."I'm Doing Fine Now"[[*smile)....I appreciate it!

paladin
10-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Happy Birthday, keep up the good work.

Kdub

dba
10-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Glad you are doing a show to celebrate your b-day. Great message about the songs that have gotten you thru the rough patches.

I am traveling in CA but will raise a cold one in the direction of he Cape.

All the best,

dba

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Happy Birthday, keep up the good work.

Kdub

Thanks, Kdub! I appreciate it!

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Glad you are doing a show to celebrate your b-day. Great message about the songs that have gotten you thru the rough patches.

I am traveling in CA but will raise a cold one in the direction of he Cape.

All the best,

dba

Thanks so much, David! Actually....I'm more celebrating the music than the B-Day...that delicate age and all [[*smile).

Enjoy your time in Californ-I-A....and thanks for the toast! Much obliged!

John

sophisticated_soul
10-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Very much looking forward to your birthday celebration show, my dear friend. I am grateful too John. Grateful [[an honored) to have you as a friend and grateful that you have created the wonderful environment known as Nightflight, which I know you do for love of the music. I’ve enjoyed our many discussions over the years sharing the music and what it means to our lives, in good times and not so good times. As Nietzsche said "Without music, life would be a mistake." I don’t know how I’d get through the hard times without the music, for as Aldous Huxley said "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music." Fortunately there is a lot of music to go around; friends like you are quite rare. Happy Birthday, Johnny. Love You, JOsEph:)

George Solomon
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Happy Birthday, John. And thank you for all you do to spread the word about the new Motown projects. We couldn't get along without you...:-)

JimBagley
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday week John. Looking forward to the show.

Jim

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Very much looking forward to your birthday celebration show, my dear friend. I am grateful too John. Grateful [[an honored) to have you as a friend and grateful that you have created the wonderful environment known as Nightflight, which I know you do for love of the music. I’ve enjoyed our many discussions over the years sharing the music and what it means to our lives, in good times and not so good times. As Nietzsche said "Without music, life would be a mistake." I don’t know how I’d get through the hard times without the music, for as Aldous Huxley said "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music." Fortunately there is a lot of music to go around; friends like you are quite rare. Happy Birthday, Johnny. Love You, JOsEph:)

Joseph...my friend....thank you for all you've shared with me. After your Nietzsche and Huxley quotes...which i loved...what more can I say....
Love you too!

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Happy Birthday, John. And thank you for all you do to spread the word about the new Motown projects. We couldn't get along without you...:-)

George....thank you so much...for the good wishes and for what YOU have done...your so quiet but very important part of this music we love so much.
Are you back home? It'll be great to have you back on the show with us!!!

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Happy Birthday week John. Looking forward to the show.

Jim

Jim...heee heee...week is right! Thank you...and I'm looking forward to your being here!

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 08:54 PM
....in the studio........howdy, my friends....

lovechild
10-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Special birthday greetings to a special person... JP ... Have a great show and a better birthday week!:)

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Special birthday greetings to a special person... JP ... Have a great show and a better birthday week!:)

Tony....thank you, my Friend.....OLD friend! [[*smile)

lovechild
10-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Tony....thank you, my Friend.....OLD friend! [[*smile)

LOL so true we are OLD-er but much wiser hoot hoot says the owl

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 09:19 PM
LOL so true we are OLD-er but much wiser hoot hoot says the owl

....heee heee....let's HOPE so, Tone.....

MotownLover
10-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey there JP....Happy B-Day 2 U! Happy B-Day 2 U! Happy B-Day Dear JP! Happy B-Day 2 U!

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssss! :-)

May U be blessed as we R listening 2 U!

Howard in Long Beach
MotownLover

Penny
10-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Midnight Johnny, Happy Birthday to a very special man. Thank you for helping keep the music alive. Life has been hard and I haven't been here much lately to listen to your wonderful radio show. I, too, am grateful. Sending you lots and lots of San Diego love.

Penny:cool:

lovechild
10-25-2011, 09:37 PM
YAY it is always wonderful to hear Pet's voice on the airwaves! Thanks John.....

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey there JP....Happy B-Day 2 U! Happy B-Day 2 U! Happy B-Day Dear JP! Happy B-Day 2 U!

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssss! :-)

May U be blessed as we R listening 2 U!

Howard in Long Beach
MotownLover

Howard.....thanks so much! Wonderful to see you with us!!!!!

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Midnight Johnny, Happy Birthday to a very special man. Thank you for helping keep the music alive. Life has been hard and I haven't been here much lately to listen to your wonderful radio show. I, too, am grateful. Sending you lots and lots of San Diego love.

Penny:cool:

Penny...Welcome...and thank you so much!!!!!!

JimBagley
10-25-2011, 10:29 PM
He's a friend indeed.

Roberta75
10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Happy Birthday to a fair, decent and handsome man [[blush).

May the good Lord bless you with a beautiful day.

Fondly.

Roberta

JimBagley
10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you for the humorous update, John.

lovechild
10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
ahh this Wynona track...awesome choice Johnny! thanks

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Happy Birthday to a fair, decent and handsome man [[blush).

May the good Lord bless you with a beautiful day.

Fondly.

Roberta

Roberta....how lovely...thank you so much and so nice you're here....

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Thank you for the humorous update, John.

,,,,which one [[*grin)?

carole cucumber
10-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. God made each of us beautiful! Have a beautifully happy birthday; you deserve it!!

Roberta75
10-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Roberta....how lovely...thank you so much and so nice you're here....

Bless you my dear.

johnjeb
10-25-2011, 10:47 PM
John P

Haven't had a chance to listen tonight. This old man needs to get to bed. I'm still recovering from my late night last Tuesday.

Have a Happy Birthday.

John B

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. God made each of us beautiful! Have a beautifully happy birthday; you deserve it!!

Carole....welcome and thank you!!!!!

lovechild
10-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Cool I have been listening to I Ain't Been Licked Yet in my car all week....

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
John P

Haven't had a chance to listen tonight. This old man needs to get to bed. I'm still recovering from my late night last Tuesday.

Have a Happy Birthday.

John B

Thank you, John!!!!! We'll miss you!!!!!

lovechild
10-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Verrrry nice....that's the way of the world is probably my favorite EWF tune ... gracias senor ...

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Verrrry nice....that's the way of the world is probably my favorite EWF tune ... gracias senor ...

Thanks, Tone....mine too.......

texassoul
10-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Happy Buffday MJ! Hope you are enjoying your special day!!

sophisticated_soul
10-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Thank you for "A Satisfied Mind" by Bobby Hebb, John. I also love Mahalia Jackson version. I think the original version was by Porter Wagoner.:cool:

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Happy Buffday MJ! Hope you are enjoying your special day!!

Mike WHEELER!!! WELCOME....and thank you......

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Thank you for "A Satisfied Mind" by Bobby Hebb, John. I also love Mahalia Jackson version. I think the original version was by Porter Wagoner.:cool:

Yes.....but you can only bugaloo to Bobby's version.....[[*smile)

sophisticated_soul
10-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes.....but you can only bugaloo to Bobby's version.....[[*smile)

That is very true!:cool:

sophisticated_soul
10-25-2011, 11:45 PM
I love this version of "Leave A Little Room". IMHO the chorus on the original version is too loud. This is perfect. Thank You Birthday Boy!:cool:

lovechild
10-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Leave A Little Room has gotten me thru so very many of "those times". Thank you for playing it.. and thank you for a Very Special Night .... wow I can't believe it is almost over already ...

midnight johnny
10-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Joe and Tony....my pleasure....an amazing song and vocal....

I know, Tony....I want it to continue for a few more hours.........

sophisticated_soul
10-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Wonderful show, John. Have a great Birthday week! Thanks everybody for joining in.:cool:

JimBagley
10-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Thank you John for an inspiring show. Enjoy the rest of your birthday week.

midnight johnny
10-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Joseph and Jim....and all....thank you for making my birthday show a pleasure and a treasure. Thank you also for your good wishes...you've made this old man a happy man....

texassoul
10-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Happy Burfday! I hope you enjoyed your special day.

midnight johnny
10-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Happy Burfday! I hope you enjoyed your special day.

Mike....thank you so very much!!!! Good to see you....