PDA

View Full Version : Adele leads American Music Awards nominations

test

jobeterob
10-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Adele leads American Music Awards nominations
The 2011 American Music Awards nominations have been announced, and Brit singer Adele leads the pack with four. The 23-year-old received nods for favorite pop or rock female artist, favorite pop or rock album [[for "21," of course), favorite adult contemporary artist and artist of the year.

She's joined in the latter category by Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lil Wayne and Taylor Swift, all of whom also have two other nominations.

Snagging two nods a piece are Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, Jason Aldean, Kanye West, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj and Pitbull. Winners are chosen via online voting, and you can place yours - as well as check out the rest of the nominees - at the awards ceremony's website.

Pitbull will perform at the November 20 awards ceremony, along with fellow nominee Katy Perry. The show will be broadcast live on ABC and tickets are available for purchase now.

soulster
10-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Ew! I can't stand her.

Roberta75
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Adele leads American Music Awards nominations
The 2011 American Music Awards nominations have been announced, and Brit singer Adele leads the pack with four. The 23-year-old received nods for favorite pop or rock female artist, favorite pop or rock album [[for "21," of course), favorite adult contemporary artist and artist of the year.

She's joined in the latter category by Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lil Wayne and Taylor Swift, all of whom also have two other nominations.

Snagging two nods a piece are Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, Jason Aldean, Kanye West, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj and Pitbull. Winners are chosen via online voting, and you can place yours - as well as check out the rest of the nominees - at the awards ceremony's website.

Pitbull will perform at the November 20 awards ceremony, along with fellow nominee Katy Perry. The show will be broadcast live on ABC and tickets are available for purchase now.

Adele deserves every award she's nominated for. What a talented young lady. I just love her.

Congratulations Miss Adele.

Roberta

tomato tom
10-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I do like me a bit of Adele!

smark21
10-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Given that the AMAs are about popularity, she has a good shot of winning some of those statues. I read last week her album has sold the most this year by a wide margin and has not fallen out of the top 5 since it came out early in the year.

alcestermotown
10-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Heard Adele talking a few weeks back on the radio, and she was complaining about the amount of tax she has to pay. This is in a time of deep recession when many people have no jobs and millions of others are being exploited and she is just whingeing about not having a few more million. That was enough for me. But as they say each to his own. Sorry to bring in politics but I was rather incensed.

dianesfan_1965
10-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Adele deserves every award she's nominated for. What a talented young lady. I just love her.

Congratulations Miss Adele.

Roberta

Yeah she's pretty damn fantastic. What a great voice.

smark21
10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Heard Adele talking a few weeks back on the radio, and she was complaining about the amount of tax she has to pay. This is in a time of deep recession when many people have no jobs and millions of others are being exploited and she is just whingeing about not having a few more million. That was enough for me. But as they say each to his own. Sorry to bring in politics but I was rather incensed.

Maybe for her next album she'll do a cover of "Taxman" by the Beatles.

BobC
10-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I like her--and that song she has out is refreshing due to the simplicity of the lyrics and backing track.

jobeterob
10-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Is Adele British or American?

soulster
10-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Is Adele British or American?

British. But that's not why I can't stand her. It's her voice and vocal style I don't like. It's too countryfied.

soulster
10-24-2011, 03:05 AM

Yeah? Well i'm pissed off at how much taxes I have to pay, and i'm not wealthy like she is.

smark21
10-24-2011, 07:34 AM
British. But that's not why I can't stand her. It's her voice and vocal style I don't like. It's too countryfied.

I'm sure once she finds out you don't like her voice, she'll change it for you in order to have you in her corner.

soulster
10-24-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm sure once she finds out you don't like her voice, she'll change it for you in order to have you in her corner.

Nah! Her next album is gonna be country.