PDA

View Full Version : Boooooyaahhhhh....this is weldon arthur mcdougal iii

test

tl_harris
10-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

As difficult as it is to actually post this thread we have sadly come up on the one year anniversary of our friend, our mentor, our best friend Weldon Arthur McDougal III.

Weldon was one of the funniest, most informative, most intelligent, charismatic, suave, cool, and one of the most down to earth people I've ever known. If you were fortunate enough to call him a personal friend then you know you have no better friend in your corner. Weldon was a straight shooter and told it like it was. A TRUE friend never has to lie to you to make you feel special or important and that is exactly what Weldon was. I miss calling my buddy and hearing him say "Hey T.L......check this out" or "Hey T.L.....this is really gonna take you out." or how could anyone ever forget the "BOOOOOOYAAHHHHH.....THIS IS WELDON ARTHUR MCDOUGALL III.....I'M NOT IN RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE....I'LL CALL YA.....WHEN I GET BACK......WAIT FOR THE BEEP....BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!"

My buddy is gone now, and it has been a rough year and I miss him terribly. I do have to thank God that Weldon is in no more pain or suffering. I hold on to the memories I have of my friend as I am sure all of you do. This is somewhat of a sad day and I say somewhat because Weldon would not want us being sad. I know Weldon well enough to know that he wants us to celebrate his life. I will play his music today have a drink and sit back and remember my friend.

R.I.P.
Weldon Arthur McDougal III

October 28th 1936 - October 22nd 2010

T.L. Harris

paladin
10-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Great post TL...........

ollie
10-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I remember him from this forum, always with wonderful pictures and stories. What a great man and friendly human he was.

R.I.P. Weldon, we'll be talking about you and we will listen to the music.

mark speck
10-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll say this once again...I was very glad that I got to meet him before he passed, when he gave that informative and entertaining speech at the Rock Hall. I still have pics of me and him from that night, which I will certainly post here as soon as I figure out how to do it. RIP, Weldon... :[[

Best,

Mark

ralpht
10-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the post TL. I miss Weldon's phone calls.

ceasar
10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi T.L.
It was nice talking to you today.
Also, this is a nice tribute to a man that is really missed.
I miss that welcome myself. Weldon and I would talk half the night.
He always gave me good advice about this crazy world of show business.
He was really a true friend.
Ceasar
The
Tymes

tl_harris
10-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey Ceasar,

It was nice talking to you as well. Thanks Paladin, and Ralph. I don't know what I can add other than what I've already said, but I can add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbquTdHXhyk

Man oh Man do I wish he could call back.....R.I.P.

T.L. Harris

nosey
10-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I used to call him occasionally and listen to whatever he was working on. Once he called my house and asked to speak to Nosey and my daughter said, Whoooooooooo? LOL!

juicefree20
10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
It's hard to believe that a year has passed since I first posted this sad news last October 22nd. While I expected the news eventually, I didn't expect things to progress as rapidly as they did. Though he really couldn't speak very well, I'm just glad that I was able to speak with him a couple of days before he passed, just to tell him thank you. I don't believe that I even posted pictures from his memorial service. Perhaps enough time has passed & perhaps posting them would be a fitting way to honor him on this 1st anniversary of his passing.

Indeed, Weldon told it like it was. Weldon was cool with me & the history that he lived was something else. I'm glad that I got to meet & speak with him & glad that he thought enough of me to share his knowledge with me. Rather than to be competitive or threatened as some others were, Weldon encouraged my photography at every turn & for a man who was actually there & captured greats when in their prime, his encouragement & kind words were very humbling.

I'm glad to have met him & sorry that he left us so quickly. I miss his conversations, as well as his mp3s of whatever he was working on.

Weldon Arthur McDougall III - R.I.P.!