PDA

View Full Version : Supremes 45 box set

test

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
What would you all think of a limited edition collectors box set featuring all of the 60's Supremes 45's with all the picture sleeves that were originally included with them? I know a cd version of sorts is out now but would love to have the actual 45's. Included could be a 45 size booklet containing either information, pictures or both. Too much? Not enough fan base for 45's? Totally bad idea?

randy_russi
10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
It would be a great idea if they are CD format as not too many people still have turntables, although I'd bet most members
of this forum still do.
I know of the following pic sleeves--Your Heart Belongs To Me b/w He's Seventeen, Where Did Our Love Go b/w He Means
The World To Me, Baby Love b/w Ask Any Girl, Stop! b/w I'm In Love Again, Back In My Arms b/w Whisper, Nothing But
Heartaches b/w He Holds His Own, Children's Christmas Song b/w Twinkle Twinkle, You Keep Me Hangin' On b/w Remove
This Doubt, You Can't Hurry Love b/w Put Yourself and that's all I recall of pic sleeves on American releases.
I don't think there were any pic sleeves after Cindy joined, were there?
I'd like a collection of all Motown pic sleeves!

reese
10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
There was a picture sleeve for I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME as well.

At this stage, I honestly wouldn't be that enthused about a Supremes 45 set. I have all of them, and all of the picture sleeves as well. It's exhausting at this point buying some of the same things over and over again. I would prefer continued releases of their previously unreleased material.

ajk93
10-21-2011, 05:00 PM
What would you all think of a limited edition collectors box set featuring all of the 60's Supremes 45's with all the picture sleeves that were originally included with them? I know a cd version of sorts is out now but would love to have the actual 45's. Included could be a 45 size booklet containing either information, pictures or both. Too much? Not enough fan base for 45's? Totally bad idea?

I LOVE the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought a similar set of Elvis. Repilcated picture sleeves and all on red vinyl! VERY COOL!!! For the
discs that never had a picture sleeve, they created fantasy ones. Even if you have all the original
sleeves, it's still cool to have new pristine copies in your collection.

GREAT IDEA!

carlo
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
It's a nice idea, but I don't think it would sell a lot of units and it would probably be priced very high [[being a collector's item)...and then it would give most fans a reason to complain. :rolleyes: