PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Solo Albums Vol 6

test

pj1
10-19-2011, 10:58 AM
According to today's MusicTap:
Hip-O Select plan the release of The Solo Albums: Volume Six featuring Smokey Robinson with the CD planned for December 13.

BayouMotownMan
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Wouldn't the next set be Warm Thoughts and Being With You?

jobeterob
10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Somehow Smokey or someone affiliated with him has great pull at Hip O because some of these albums fall fairly clearly in the "non hit" "dud" category.

carlo
10-19-2011, 09:19 PM
They must be selling well or else they wouldn't be releasing them.

tomato tom
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
So why are the all hitting the bargain bin here in the UK not THAT long after issue. Dont get me wrong, nice to see any re-issues..Paulo xxx

carlo
10-21-2011, 11:27 AM
It just doesn't make sense to me that Hip-O Select would get the "go-ahead" from Universal executives to continue releasing these titles if they're generating a net loss instead of profit.

While I haven't purchased any of these releases as of yet, I do plan to. They seem to be coming out very quickly, which makes me think that there isn't much to these particular Smokey Robinson Solo titles in terms of packaging? Perhaps they're able to make money from them because they're budget releases?

tomato tom
10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
carlo..NO.. They are beutifully packaged with all of the original artwork, and great liner notes. Nothing wrong there. It just seems a bit of overkill. Especially, when we wait SO long for The Marvelettes etc.. I am buying them one by one, am up to volume 4 now. But I have the original vynil, and some of these albums are, shall we say, a little lacking in the song, production departrment. Sorry Smokey fans....Paulo xxx