PDA

View Full Version : Essential Collections

test

tomato tom
10-17-2011, 04:04 PM
:)The UK, were blessed, in the past, with lots of cd essental collections from lots of the lesser known acts, i.e. Shorty Long, Syreeta etc. at a VERY reasonable prices. Do you think / Hope. that maybe some more may be issued by the likes of say, The Fantastic Four, Yvonne Fair, Carolyn Crawford? Thoughts?..Paulo xxx:cool:

1382hitsville
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, what ever happened to Spectrum? The website: www.motown45.co.uk is still on air, but very outdated....I've send a mail to Universal UK asking what happened, but no reply...

copley
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Paulo, Yvonne's one & only Motown album release 'The Bitch Is Black' was issued on CD a couple of years ago by Reel Music. All Carolyn's known tracks have already been issued on the likes of TCMS & Cellarful. UMe UK appears to have gone down with the Titanic - no one answers anything! Best hope are labels like Ace but time & money are against such releases as they don't really sell in large quantities. Record companies have to make a profit so it's up to us to support them and buy the product.

tomato tom
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM
copley..I know..I do have the Yvonne CD reissue, its just that, like many on here, we like to dream a bit. If only..this, if only that..we want it! heh heh....But I agree with the UK arm of Universal. The moron in their UK office has pronmised to answer my calls / emails SO many times, she doesnt answer her phone anymore...Paulo xxx

tomato tom
10-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Re above thread..thats the press office I call. She PROMISED 10 or so times to answer my e-mails... NAH. She could not be assed. Obviously. Classic Motown not a priority with this bimbo. Paulo xxx

robb_k
10-18-2011, 09:37 PM
3768I'd like one for Carolyn Crawford, Linda Griner, Fantastic Four, Edwin Starr, Mary Wells, Spinners, Originals, Eddie Holland, Motown Gospel [[Pronouns, etc.), Motown Jazz, early Motown groups [[Creations, Equadors, Versatones, Downbeats, , etc.)

roger
10-19-2011, 06:14 AM
3768I'd like one for Carolyn Crawford, Linda Griner, Fantastic Four, Edwin Starr, Mary Wells, Spinners, Originals, Eddie Holland, Motown Gospel [[Pronouns, etc.), Motown Jazz, early Motown groups [[Creations, Equadors, Versatones, Downbeats, , etc.)

There was a Spectrum "Essential Collection" on EDWIN STARR Robb_K, which combined his Ric Tic and Motown recordings with some of his "Disco" material on 20th Century.

The collection is a bit strange as it also includes a "hidden" track called "My Kind Of Girl" which possibly is not by Edwin at all, it is the same song as by THE PROPHETS on Stephanye, and seems to have the same backing track but the vocals differ a bit ..

This is the CD ....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essential-Collection-Edwin-Starr/dp/B000058DFY

This is THE PROPHETS version of "My Kind Of Girl" ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1q88sjhVrY

Unfortunately I can't find the "Edwin" version on You-Tube ..

I think the CD compilers thought they were including Edwins "My Kind Of Woman" instead :)

Roger