PDA

View Full Version : New Ronnie McNeir album ... soul at its best!

test

tsull1
10-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I couldn't find the previous thread on Ronnie's upcoming new album, but it's out and I'm listening to the clips right now and it's awesome. I plan on buying it soon. Very good soul, and Ronnie's voice is superb. The songwriting and production are top-notch, of course as Ronnie is a veteran of the music industry and he knows what he's doing.

Link:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ronniemcneir4

I hope this CD gets some serious sales, just an excellent album and the price sure is right, too.

paladin
10-16-2011, 07:01 PM
No argument there Tsull, its one of the best I've heard this year.:cool::cool::cool::)

juicefree20
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I've gotta say that I like Ronnie's music. The brother doesn't try to be anyone but himself & he's a talented musician. I like this & I also hope to see the tracks that he played for me at Westbury released, because they are excellent as well.

As always, I wish Ronnie the greatest of success with this project. The brother truly deserves it.

paladin
10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Tsull I had posted a review at CD Baby and well it got lost in cyber space and I had to repost but it's a dam good CD.........smokin.....!!!!

tsull1
10-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I just ordered it off CD Baby, can't wait to get it! I really enjoyed his last album, a true professional who has great taste and knows how to write, produce, and craft songs.

I heard he was contemplating an album with Theo Peoples, not sure if that will happen, but I'd be excited if it did!

paladin
10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I just ordered it off CD Baby, can't wait to get it! I really enjoyed his last album,

I did too, this has been a good week for music lovers......

ms_m
10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
LOL

You guys are the best, you've always been supportive of Ronnie and his solo efforts and for that we are both grateful. Thanks for your support.

Juice, get in touch when you get a sec.

Sorry I can't hang around but I'm a little busy these days...yeah! :)

juicefree20
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Ms M

Will do!

nosey
10-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Just ordered mine!

ms_m
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your support Nosey!

nosey
11-08-2011, 09:31 AM
"Mines" came yesterday and I'm loving it. Right now, Be With Me Is Playing. This is the perfect music for the workplace.

ms_m
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Glad you're enjoying Nosey. Be sure to tell your friends to get their copy too.
@ cdbaby.com/ronniemcneir4 [[http://www.cdbaby.com/ronniemcneir4)

:)

Thanks again for supporting Ronnie Mac!

nosey
11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Ms. M, his version of Gypsy Woman is AWESOME. I am truly loving this cd.

ms_m
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm so happy you love the CD Nosey. Be sure to tell your friends too...LOL

I gave Ronnie your message and he said, " [[C) Nosey, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support!"
:)

ms_m
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I hope SDF members in the Detroit area and beyond will come out and help Ronnie celebrate.
I'll be there and look forward to meeting you!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/mmandmusic/RevisedMedRonnieMcNeirBirthdayBashandCDReleasePart y.jpg

tsull1
11-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Dang that birthday bash/CD release party sounds awesome, wish I could make it. Still diggin' the CD, it is awesome! Quick review:

"Tell Me You're Not Fooling Me" -- This is an excellent tune, ideal for the adult contemporary charts or soul charts [[how does one chart these days anyway?), clearly the "hit" of the album, in my opinion, and perhaps that's why this was the first song released on CD Baby. Just great soul.

"Pontiac" -- Cool song about Ronnie growing up in this town with some shout outs to his friends. Really like it.

"I Want You" -- The Marvin Gaye classic done much the way Marvin sang it, excellent job.

"Gypsy Woman" -- This is the better cover on the album, in my opinion. A completely different take on the fine Impressions tune, and this is just a lot of fun with excellent harmonies.

"Letter from a Fool" -- My 2nd favorite song on the album behind "Tell Me You're Not Fooling Me." Broken-hearted man lamenting his mistakes, kind of like the messages the Dramatics used to send our way.

Those are the highlights for me, though I can honestly say I really liked all 13 tracks on this fabulous CD. Really well-produced, too. Just an excellent sound by a true professional. One of the better albums I've bought in awhile, I strongly recommend it.

ralpht
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
This is what I like to hear Tsull.