PDA

View Full Version : diana ross. the supremes COME TOGETHER

test

honest man
10-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello people been sorting my loft out and been playing some 70s motown anyway COME TOGETHER i have listened to it for 40 years and never really understood what the song was about[always thought about peace ], but are they singing about someone,i really don't know the lyrics are so off the wall,and yes the 2 grouping of motown acts recorded this song at critical times in their careers,really great song by both acts but would love to know about the song itself,any offers. please

marv2
10-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Hello people been sorting my loft out and been playing some 70s motown anyway COME TOGETHER i have listened to it for 40 years and never really understood what the song was about[always thought about peace ], but are they singing about someone,i really don't know the lyrics are so off the wall,and yes the 2 grouping of motown acts recorded this song at critical times in their careers,really great song by both acts but would love to know about the song itself,any offers. please

The song was originally done by the Beatles and was a huge hit in the Fall of 1969. I remember humming and singing along to the Beatles version without know WTF John was singing about hehehehehehehe......

Apparently [[at least according to Wikipedia...yeah right! ) the song allegedly describes characteristics of each of the four Beatles :

" It has been speculated that each verse refers cryptically to each of The Beatles [[e.g. "he's one holy roller" allegedly refers to the spiritually inclined George Harrison; "he got monkey finger, he shoot Coca-Cola" to Ringo, the funny Beatle; "he got Ono sideboard, he one spinal cracker" to Lennon himself; and "got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to see" to Paul)"

But it goes on to talk about how people should come together as Timothy Leary advised back during that time.

Marv

honest man
10-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Marv what a man ,great info, thank you. cheers.

marv2
10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Marv what a man ,great info, thank you. cheers.

You are welcome..anytime!