PDA

View Full Version : Andrae crouch has a winner with chaka, tata, take 6, sheila e, rance, marvin & more

test

glencro
10-10-2011, 12:13 PM
"The Journey", the latest cd from gospel legend Andrae Crouch is an all around winner. With great diversity in the production, heavenly backing vocals and an all-star cast, this is a must have. Chaka Khan and Sheia E are paired up on the upbeat and inspirational "All Around The World", with Chaka whaling her heart out. The pairing of Take 6 & Kim Burrell is sheer geniuse as she croons her way through "Faith"with their perfect harmonies accompanying her. Almost remind sme of their pairing with Sarah Vaughn on Q's "Back On The Block". This number actually gave me chill bumps. Tata Vega makes more than one appearance here but her stand out is the rag time flavored "He Has A Plan For Me". Rance Allen brings it home on teh foot stomping, hand-clapping quartet number "Heaven Bound". The vocal stylings of the one and only Marvin Winans makes you say AMEN on the beautiful "Let The Church Say Amen". Winans returns on the bonus track "The Promise" which also features a version with Crouch on lead vocals. Crouch has suffered some health issues over the past few years and you can hear it in his voice when he sings but he makes a few appearances to let you know that he's still hear but he has a powerful supporting cast from the producer, singers and guests. There are some great tracks with lesser known lead vocalists also. I purchased this last Thursday and it has been on repeat. I haven't been this excited about a gospel project in a while.

nysister
10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Glencro, Thanks for the review.
I love Andre Crouch!!! I should be receiving my CD in the mail tomorrow and I can't wait. I could have downloaded it, but I want the physical CD in my hands. Did you know that El Debarge sang the lead on "The Lord Is My light" on one of Andre's projects and, in my humble opinion, was one of El's best vocal performance.

glencro
10-10-2011, 09:42 PM
NYSISTER, you must be a mind reader or possibly a prophet :)...I have been busting my brain for the past few weeks trying to remember the El DeBarge song that he recorded with Crouch. I agree, was a great performance from DeBarge. Thank you for mentioning that. You won't be disappointed with this one.

JimBagley
10-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you for your review Glencro. I will definitely be getting this cd.

Jim

msjoys
11-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I love this CD - it's a "must-have"!

glencro
11-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes, I'm on week number 4 and this cd is still in heavy rotation. So many grea cuts on it.